Eyebrow Transfer

I've been trying to recreate myself using the Genesis 8 Female.

Progress has been good, but the default eyebrows are nothing like my own, and there don't appear to be many stock morphs to compensate.

I saw Carabelle and was sold almost immediately because her eyebrows are like an idealized version of my own (v thicc).

I heard that character morphs show up when editing our own Genesis models and assumed there would be an option for the eyebrows, but was surprised to find that this was not the case.

Does anyone know how I can transfer those eyebrows over to my own model, or should I seek a refund and make sure to research before purchasing in the future? surprise

Comments

• MimicMollyMimicMolly Posts: 2,147

I don't think you can transfer over, unless you take it into some modeling app and reshape them yourself. Or you could try to redraw your eyebrows on the face texture (with another app like GIMP or Photoshop) and put those fibermesh brows over it for volume. As for refunds, that's up to you.

The eyebrows I use are AprilYSH's Christmas freebie, "OnFleek", because they have shaping options. (You can read more about it on this thread that also links to her site where she's hosting them now.) https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/217576/onfleek-for-genesis-3-download

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,392

Carabelle brows looks like they're painted of her texture map, not fibermesh brows shaped by a morph.

You can use Carabelle maps on any G8F character, but that will be the whole map, not just the brows.

• I don't think you can transfer over, unless you take it into some modeling app and reshape them yourself. Or you could try to redraw your eyebrows on the face texture (with another app like GIMP or Photoshop) and put those fibermesh brows over it for volume. As for refunds, that's up to you.

The eyebrows I use are AprilYSH's Christmas freebie, "OnFleek", because they have shaping options. (You can read more about it on this thread that also links to her site where she's hosting them now.) https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/217576/onfleek-for-genesis-3-download

These are actually really good and a couple of them are a close enough approximation that it solves my problem. Thanks!

Leana said:

Carabelle brows looks like they're painted of her texture map, not fibermesh brows shaped by a morph.

You can use Carabelle maps on any G8F character, but that will be the whole map, not just the brows.

This is very illuminating, thank you.

• berryessalaveauberryessalaveau Posts: 6
    edited September 2020

Okay, so I'm trying to install AprilYSH's OnFleek eyebrows and all of my searching has been extremely unhelpful and everything I've tried has not gotten the items to show up in Daz Studio.

I get that folder structures are important, but there doesn't even appear to be a consensus on where these should be installed.

Post edited by berryessalaveau on
  • PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 10,014

How are you doing the installation, with some intallation manager or manually with the downloaded zip-file?

If you are doing the installation manually, it is very simple,

1. locate your content library:s root folder
    2. Open the zip file in 7Zip
    3. Inside the zip you will find "Content" folder
    4. Extract everything inside the "Content" folder to the root-folder of your Content Library

That was the simple method which installs the content the way the creator meant it to be installed.

When you do this once, 7Zip remembers the location of the root folder of the Content Library and the next time you want to install something, you can select the correct path from the DropDown list.

The folders that must be installed as they are inside the zip file are; Content\Data and Content\Runtime for the product to function.

• PerttiA said:

How are you doing the installation, with some intallation manager or manually with the downloaded zip-file?

If you are doing the installation manually, it is very simple,

1. locate your content library:s root folder
    2. Open the zip file in 7Zip
    3. Inside the zip you will find "Content" folder
    4. Extract everything inside the "Content" folder to the root-folder of your Content Library

That was the simple method which installs the content the way the creator meant it to be installed.

When you do this once, 7Zip remembers the location of the root folder of the Content Library and the next time you want to install something, you can select the correct path from the DropDown list.

The folders that must be installed as they are inside the zip file are; Content\Data and Content\Runtime for the product to function.

I've been doing it manually, tried a few locations that other forum users have pointed out, but none of them matched up quite like C>Daz 3D>Applications>Data>DAZ 3D>My DAZ 3D Library.

So I tried that, even used Scan Known Directories For Files on the Content Library tab, but still nothing. The folders seem to match up, but I just can't find the props inside the actual program.

It could be that I installed it correctly but I'm just not fluent enough with the program to properly locate it.

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 10,014

You can check the correct path to your content library in DS with Content Directory Manager;

https://helpdaz.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/207530443-Adding-Content-installed-by-Install-Manager-to-DAZ-Studio-or-Poser

• berryessalaveauberryessalaveau Posts: 6
    edited September 2020
    PerttiA said:

You can check the correct path to your content library in DS with Content Directory Manager;

https://helpdaz.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/207530443-Adding-Content-installed-by-Install-Manager-to-DAZ-Studio-or-Poser

Thank you! It worked, this time by using the Content Directory Manager to locate the directory in public documents. Scanning this time allowed the eyebrows to show up in studio. laugh

Post edited by berryessalaveau on