Rendering to CPU - Help

plaul2002plaul2002 Posts: 127

Hey guys,

2 RTX 2080 8GB each.  I've got the i3 Clothing Boutique Interior loaded to just use the props, I delete the walls etc.  I then am using Collective3d Create a Room to build my own walls.  I also have attached the Dressing Room asset to my build.  One figure loaded.  

No matter what I delete out of the scenen down to just the figure I can't get the Graphic Cards to engage or how many times I optimize the scene it kicks to my CPU everytime I render.  This is driving me mad.  If I just load the scene as I bought it renders.  Add the figure it renders.  What the hell is going on?

My drivers are up to date as well.

Any thoughts?

Rendering in NVIDIA Iray

Compiling Shaders - 0/1

Rendering image

Rendering...

Iray [VERBOSE] - IRAY:RENDER :: 1.2 IRAY rend progr: CUDA device 0 (GeForce RTX 2080): Processing scene...

Iray [VERBOSE] - IRAY:RENDER :: 1.3 IRAY rend progr: CUDA device 1 (GeForce RTX 2080): Processing scene...

Iray [VERBOSE] - IRAY:RENDER :: 1.4 IRAY rend stat : Geometry memory consumption: 1.35552 GiB (device 0), 0 B (host)

Iray [VERBOSE] - IRAY:RENDER :: 1.5 IRAY rend stat : Geometry memory consumption: 1.35552 GiB (device 1), 0 B (host)

Iray [VERBOSE] - IRAY:RENDER :: 1.3 IRAY rend progr: CPU: Processing scene...

Iray [VERBOSE] - IRAY:RENDER :: 1.4 IRAY rend stat : Native CPU code generated in 0.194s

Iray Iteration: 1

Iray :Render target canvas was written.

Iray Iteration: 2

Iray Iteration: 3

Iray Iteration: 4

Iray Iteration: 5

Iray Iteration: 6

Iray Iteration: 7

Iray Iteration: 8

Iray Iteration: 9

Iray Iteration: 10

Iray Iteration: 11

Iray Iteration: 12

Iray Iteration: 13

Iray Iteration: 14

Iray Iteration: 15

Iray Iteration: 16

Iray Iteration: 17

Iray Iteration: 19

Post edited by plaul2002 on

Comments

• Dim ReaperDim Reaper Posts: 687
    edited September 2020

A few things to check:

1) Is it possible that you have the CPU checked in Render Settings > Advanced?

2) What exact version of Daz studio are you using?  E.g. 4.12.0.86

3) How do you know that the gfx cards are not engaging?  What software are you using to check their load?

4) What happens if you load Daz Studio, load a primitive and render?

Post edited by Dim Reaper on
  • Based on the log the GPU's and CPU are all rendering.

First go into advanced render settings and uncheck CPU.

Second the next time you render open Task Manager and select either GPU under Performance Tab choose any graph the titles are drop down menus. Select CUDA from the menu. If the graph shows activity during teh render then the GPU is doing the render.

• Hi there, sorry to respond to this thread so late. I too was having this issue today. Could not get the denoiser to work outside of viewport. Restarted multiple etc with no change.

What worked (finally!!!) was I had to restore the factory settings of my card (RTX2080) in the NVidia control panel. I do not remember actually changing any settings but it worked.