Copying Shaping Values

Hi all,

I am having difficulty figuring out how to copy the shaping values from one character to another.

In my scene I have 2 Genesis figures (The regular version 1 kind - not the newer Genesis figures). I go to the shaping tab of a selected Genesis figure and highlight on the nose width shaping morph. I right click on the morph and select 'Copy Selected Item(s)'. I then select the other Genesis figure, select the nose width shaping morph and try to select paste but the paste context menu doesn't open up and I can't get the value to paste over the current value. Is there a way to do this manually or do I need to write a script that does this?

Thanks!

Comments

• "Copy Selected Items" will try to copy everything about the selected Genesis figure. It's not what you need for an operation this small. Click on the numerical value of the source morph - it should highlight the value. Then hit ctrl-c to copy the number as text. Go over to the second figure, and click on the numerical value of the target morph, and hit ctrl-v to paste.

• Thanks!

I was doing that kind of copy for a while with selecting at the field level and CTR+C'ing it but then I saw the context menu that had copy selected items and I thought that was meant for the shaping morph level copy, not the entire figure level copy. Since 'Copy Figure' is an entry beneath 'copy selected items', you would think it's a copy that just copies the morph selected item. Labeled in a confusing way.  Oh well. I think I will make a script that does this. Continuing with field copying from one to the other is definitely tedious...