Genesis 8 not loading, file not found

jayburn00jayburn00 Posts: 19

Whenever I try to open Genesis 8 basic female, i get the message that the file is missing.  I navigate to location, and it is there.  So what is going on and how do I fix it?  It says specifically:  "Could not open file:  /People/Genesis 8 Female/Genesis 8 Basic Female.duf File does not exist."

Post edited by jayburn00 on

Comments

• How did you install? If you find Genesis 8 Starter Essentials in the products tab of Smart Content does it have a circled triangle icon at top-right of the product thumbnail?

• I used the daz install manager.  In answer to your second question, no.  I also tried to reinstalling a few times, and even though it installs fine and the file is there, it keeps saying the file does not exist.

• If theer is no circled triangle at top-right of genesis 8 Starter Essentials then DS is being told it was installed via Connect (i.e. through DS itself) and it will ignore the DIM files. Right-click on the product thumbnail in DS, select Uninstall, and the DIM files should again be found and used.

• I had this happen a few times. Had to reinstall a large chunk of my G8 stuff. Happens on and off with character morphs still. I did a manual install and had to move the files into the proper folders a few times too. Either a virus scan or something else dumps them on occasion.