Face Transfer

Can you save the face out as a morph and apply it to a figure already posed in the scene? I don't want to add it to anything other than the base genesis 8 as a morph, it's just I created it for a scene I already have that is dressed, posed etc, and I don't want to start over with the new figure. I thought maybe I needed to save scene subset as shape, but that didn't seem to load anything. Also, is there a way to save just the face texture? I'm really not great at the surface tabs knowing what to change, but I'd in the end like to load whatever body texture I want and then use just the face texture I created.

Post edited by scullygirl818_02147fecb6 on

Comments

• Seven193Seven193 Posts: 1,068

Yes, you can.

In Face Transfer, when you're saving your face, there's a checkbox option called "Save as Scene Subset". When you uncheck this option, the dialog tells you nothing will be saved, but to save the morph, you have to use File -> Save as -> Support Asset -> Morph Asset(s)...  This will save the morph by itself, so you can apply it to any figure afterwards.

• Catherine3678abCatherine3678ab Posts: 8,248
    edited May 2021

Can you save the face out as a morph and apply it to a figure already posed in the scene? I don't want to add it to anything other than the base genesis 8 as a morph, it's just I created it for a scene I already have that is dressed, posed etc, and I don't want to start over with the new figure. I thought maybe I needed to save scene subset as shape, but that didn't seem to load anything. Also, is there a way to save just the face texture? I'm really not great at the surface tabs knowing what to change, but I'd in the end like to load whatever body texture I want and then use just the face texture I created.

I made a little tutorial when Face Transfer first came out. Forum Post.

I used the save inside of Face Transfer. Covers making a morph from it, finding the textures, etc.

Post edited by Catherine3678ab on
  • I read the tutorial that you made but that was for making a morph. I guess that I worded my original post wrong. Let me try again if anyone is till paying attention
    to this post. When I first used the full version I make a face that was okay but not great. I saved it as "face925"  I do not remember doing anything different other
    than "save face" and using whatever options that popped up. Now when I go and load a new G8 figure and then go to "Shaping" "Editor" "head"  there is a slider
    for "face925"   That is great but I cannot get it to work again for other faces that I have transferred. For example, I created a face I called "face940".  It is on my
    figure that I used and I can save it as a scene subset, and it has the slider for "face940"  After I create "face940" how can I get it to show up as a slider when I
    open a new figure?   I tried merging the scene subset figure but that just gave me two figures.  I know it can be done because I have face925 slider for all new
    G8 figures that I load.   Thanks.   And your tutorial was excellent for using the right photo. And I have no earthly idea how to use hexagon.  The slider method
    is a lot easier for me.

• Saving a morph, yes well that is what your new face for Genesis 8 is ... except from Face Transfer's save it is on the subscene save. Not hard really. Remove any eyelashes [because they are geografts] and have the figure at base resolution. If you don't want to send it over the bridge to Hexagon you could export out an .obj [but that could take awhile to figure out the correct selection, possibly using the D/S setting, haven't tried it for sometime and things changed between editions]. Then load a fresh Genesis 8, remove the eyelashes and put it to base resolution. Then either from Hexagon or via import through Morph Loader, bring in the morphed shape and make the morph. After it is saved, it can be applied to any Genesis 8 figure [of the same gender]. In other words, this is "how" you get it to "show up on a slider when [you] open a new figure."

? Did you buy Face Transfer? What comes with D/S only allows 3 saves, requires a key to make it unlimited.

• I bought Face Transfer and have the key. Maybe I am saving it wrong or I am looking in the wrong place. (I am looking in My Library)  Or maybe I should choose the "head" when I save it as a subscene.
    But I still can't figure out how when I load a fresh G8 figure, I have the first face transfer that I did as a morph (slider) when I didn't either export into Hexagon or export as a .obj file.  

• Oh I forgot to mention that when I do a face transfer, it says that I have 3 saves left.  But when I go to about plugins, it shows the license key there. 

• As for my last comment, I reinstalled the key number and now the message about having three saves is gone. Maybe that has been my problem. I will check it out.

• Okay, hopefully that will solve the matter for you.

• I upgraded from 4.11 to 4.20 specially to try Face Transfer. What I would like to try is to transfer two G7M faces to G8M faces and to combine both G8M faces and see if the combined G8M face matches the combined (with the same percentages) G7M face. Honestly I don't want to spend my three free saves If I'm not sure I'm making the saves in a correct way. And I watched the video tutorail but it mixed the transfered face with a goblin face etc, which is not want to achieve.
    Please advise:-)