Saved Files

Hi, just recently had to renew my comp. susequently had to re-load Daz and everything else. before this when i saved a scene/render etc it saved it to a folder in the smart content or content library called obviously "saved files/content" or something like, it now doesn't do that is there anyway to get a saved folder in to iether the smart content or content library, i thought it would have created it auto, as i don't recollect creating it before. thanks

Comments

• NorthOf45NorthOf45 Posts: 5,442

When you save a scene or any other preset, it will first try to save to a default location in you library, but you can save anywhere in the mapped folders. If you try to save it again, you will see which folder was last used. As long as you stayed within the confines of the mapped library folders, Studio will find it. The Smart Content is not a physical folder, it is made up from the default and custom categories of all products, showing what is compatible with current selections. Saved assets are added to a category called Saved Files, with various sub-folders for known types (Scenes, Sets, Presets, Props, etc.).

I like to keep my saved files in a separate library so as to not mix them in with the store products, and it is easy to back up. You can move saved files, but it might break the metadata, or just load and save again to a new location.

• NorthOf45 said:

When you save a scene or any other preset, it will first try to save to a default location in you library, but you can save anywhere in the mapped folders. If you try to save it again, you will see which folder was last used. As long as you stayed within the confines of the mapped library folders, Studio will find it. The Smart Content is not a physical folder, it is made up from the default and custom categories of all products, showing what is compatible with current selections. Saved assets are added to a category called Saved Files, with various sub-folders for known types (Scenes, Sets, Presets, Props, etc.).

I like to keep my saved files in a separate library so as to not mix them in with the store products, and it is easy to back up. You can move saved files, but it might break the metadata, or just load and save again to a new location.

took a while but got it thanks