Having an issue with Egyptian Pharoah Makeup Pack

jukingeojukingeo Posts: 711

Hello All,

I recently purchased the Egyptian Pharoah Makeup pack here:

https://www.daz3d.com/egyptian-pharaoh-makeup

I had tried it out today for the first time and this is my result:

So the problem I am having it is that the eyeliner is way too light and doesn't look anything like the rich detailed cover art for the product.   This package is using a separate Geoshell instead of LIE.   While I have seen this with LIE makeup, I didn't expect it to happen with Geoshell makeup.   So I would like to now how I would go about fixing this so the makeup looks darker.

Now, I am not sure if this matters or not, but the base figure is Helena HD:

https://www.daz3d.com/helena-hd-for-genesis-8-female

I did alter her skin with Skinbuilder to make it a bit darker and to give her freckles.   While I like the Egyptian Pharoah Makeup pack, I just can't live with it being washed out looking like this.  So I figured there must be a problem somewhere.

Any assistance would be appreciated.

Thank You,

Geo

Helena-EgyptianFreckles.JPG
895 x 950 - 87K
Post edited by jukingeo on

Comments

• Lothar WeberLothar Weber Posts: 1,611
    edited September 2020

Oh... you need to apply a shell before (included)... try it. I made the same error ;-)

Post edited by Lothar Weber on
  • Oh... you need to apply a shell before (included)... try it. I made the same error ;-)

I did that.  I applied the liner shell first and then applied the liner material.  If you just apply the liner without the material, it just doesn't work.

• jukingeo said:

Oh... you need to apply a shell before (included)... try it. I made the same error ;-)

I did that.  I applied the liner shell first and then applied the liner material.  If you just apply the liner without the material, it just doesn't work.

Did you apply the material to the shell? Or to the figure?

• NorthOf45NorthOf45 Posts: 5,442

Select Genesis 8 Female first, then add the shell(s). The different layers must to be parented for the hierarchical materials to work.

• jukingeojukingeo Posts: 711

Hello All,

I had found out that the results depends on the character and it seems that the faded look seems to occur most on darker skin, or skins with very high translucency settings.  When used on the stock Genesis 8 character, it looks fine.  It also works fine on lighter skinned characters in general. 

jukingeo said:

Did you apply the material to the shell? Or to the figure?

NorthOf45 said:

Select Genesis 8 Female first, then add the shell(s). The different layers must to be parented for the hierarchical materials to work.

I apply the shell to the figure and then apply the material to the shell.   

I am hoping there is a fix for darker skin / high translucency character skins.  I think this is a valuable makeup package as it can be used across the board with all Genesis figures by virtue of the Geoshell.

Thanks,

Geo