Deepsea Adam HD for Genesis through Genesis 8?

What exactly can I do with this figure?

Can I put Michael 4's skin on him and have him wear Genesis 8 clothes? 

Can someone please in layperson's terms explain how this character is used?

I am intrigued.

https://www.daz3d.com/deepsea-adam-hd-for-genesis-through-genesis-8

I am finding it too complicated to convert Michael 4 to Genesis 8 :(

I wish I could just buy a Genesis 8 Michael 4 figure.

Comments

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,392
    edited September 2020

It's not a new figure, just a character which includes versions for G1, G2M, G3M and G8M (and alternate UVs for those figures).

Post edited by Leana on
  • RexRedRexRed Posts: 1,298

Thanks Leana, that does explain the Adam figure better.

Its a standardized all in one HD character it seems for the Genesis figures.

Maybe the purpose is so developers are all on the same page or version?

I am not sure how the Michael characters factor in, it seems they are for the most part derrived from the Genesis figures.

There have been 8 generations of Daz figures so far.

• For generations 1 to 4 "Michael" and "Victoria" were the actual base figures.
    • Generation 5 introduced Genesis, a single base figure which could become male or female. All the "Name 5" core characters like Michael and Victoria 5 are characters for Genesis.
    • Generation 6 went back to separate male and female base figures but didn't call the base figures Michael and Victoria again. Rather they chose to create more generic "Genesis 2 Female" and "Genesis 2 Male" base figures, and all the "Name 6" core characters are characters for either G2F or G2M.
    • Generation 7 is Genesis 3, all the "Name 7" core characters are characters for either G3F or G3M.
    • Generation 8 is Genesis 8 (they chose to not call it "Genesis 4" because Generation 4 is still in use and people could be confused as to why V4 is not a character for Genesis 4, for example). All the "Name 8" core characters are characters for either G8F or G8M.

Contrary to Adam, various incarnations of Michael don't look the same, they're various interpretations of the general idea behind the character.

Adam is provided as a set of characters for Genesis, G2M, G3M and G8M who all look the same. That enables you for example to use the one based on G2M when you want to use G2M clothes and the one based on G8M when you want to use G8M clothes, but still have the figure look like Adam in all those scenes.

Each version can be combined with other morphs and characters for the corresponding Genesis version. So you could combine Adam for G8M and Michael 8, for example.

Leana said:

There have been 8 generations of Daz figures so far.

• For generations 1 to 4 "Michael" and "Victoria" were the actual base figures.
    • Generation 5 introduced Genesis, a single base figure which could become male or female. All the "Name 5" core characters like Michael and Victoria 5 are characters for Genesis.
    • Generation 6 went back to separate male and female base figures but didn't call the base figures Michael and Victoria again. Rather they chose to create more generic "Genesis 2 Female" and "Genesis 2 Male" base figures, and all the "Name 6" core characters are characters for either G2F or G2M.
    • Generation 7 is Genesis 3, all the "Name 7" core characters are characters for either G3F or G3M.
    • Generation 8 is Genesis 8 (they chose to not call it "Genesis 4" because Generation 4 is still in use and people could be confused as to why V4 is not a character for Genesis 4, for example). All the "Name 8" core characters are characters for either G8F or G8M.

Contrary to Adam, various incarnations of Michael don't look the same, they're various interpretations of the general idea behind the character.

Adam is provided as a set of characters for Genesis, G2M, G3M and G8M who all look the same. That enables you for example to use the one based on G2M when you want to use G2M clothes and the one based on G8M when you want to use G8M clothes, but still have the figure look like Adam in all those scenes.

Each version can be combined with other morphs and characters for the corresponding Genesis version. So you could combine Adam for G8M and Michael 8, for example.

This is one of the most useful posts I have ever read on this forum!

Wow! It is stunning to have all of this information all in one consice and well articulated paragraph. 

I have copied your response into a Word document and I will keep it as my mantra for weeks, I am sure, until I have this information committed to memory.

Thank you Leana! :) 

edited September 2020

What is Michael 4 elite? (thanks in advance for any replies on this!)

Do Michael 4 clothes fit on Michael 4 elite?

Post edited by RexRed on

"M4 Elite body shapes" is a set of morphs for M4. "M4 Elite" is simply M4 with those morphs.

A character "for M4 Elite" is a M4 character which uses those morphs.

Clothes labeled as "for M4 Elite" are simply clothes for M4 which include custom fit morphs for the M4 Elite body shapes. At the time they were created automatic morph following wasn't a thing, so custom fit morphs were a major selling point. 

• SixDsSixDs Posts: 2,384

There were a number of Elite textures for M4 produced that used custom detailed (for the time) skin materials, as well. They would work on any M4 character, elite or not.

Thanks again for the awesome info, this is very helpful!

I really love the Michael 4 character and I am hoping a big sale like 99 cents for Michael clothing might occur so I can pick up a lot of the items all at once.

Maybe a big huge Michael 4 clothing bundle?  

Maybe 99 cents for each Michael clothing item for orders over 50 dollars or something like that? (that would be 50 clothing items)

I am not sure if the prices have ever gone that low before for Michael 4 clothing.

That is on my wish list... (hint hint) :)