New gpu not rendering

nyindevnyindev Posts: 0

Just upgraded my graphics card to use GPU rendering for iray. My render is showing up blank, and the viewport iray preview doesn't work. ! have already selected my graphics card in Render Settings > Advanced. 

Scene: Base Genesis 8 Model
Version: 4.12 beta (tried both 4.12 and 4.12 beta)
GPU: RTX 3080
Nvidia Driver Version: 456.38 (tried both Studio and Game Ready Driver versions)

Please, help.

dazssgpunotrendering.jpg
1824 x 1026 - 644K
Post edited by nyindev on

Comments

• DS probably needs to release a new version to use the 3000 series cards. this happens with every new set of cards. Contact Daz CS.

• well I guess this answers the question many have been asking 

• The update to use 30xx cards is there in the public build patch notes, but we don't have that release yet.

the fact that it picks up the card at all is interesting, would have thought it'd show not compatible or not show up like the 20 series ones did if I remember correctly

• There is, I believe, a version of Iray out (I think final rather than beta) with Ampere support, and there is a new version of iray listed in the change log (but not yet available as a final or beta release) - whether the numbers match or not I haven't checked.

• PetraPetra Posts: 1,144

Oh, that is good to know.

I ordered the RTX 3080.

I will wait and use my GTX 980 ti until 3080 will work with DS.

• Same problem for me! I have a RTX 3090 and iray doesn't seem to work!
  • zazemjzazemj Posts: 2

Same here, got a Zotac RTX 3080 and rendered scene is completely black. However, the dforce worked well.

• well I guess this answers the question many have been asking 

And THAT's the final RUKM for my latest RTX 3080 + Razer Core X Chroma upgrade attempt.  LMAO and going to bed!  LOL  I'm hoping when I get my new laptop (WTF #1 on the non-thunderbolt 3 Type-C port), I am hoping the eGPU will run alongside the internal RTX (1070 in old laptop). 

If anyone has confirmation of the Core X running a second GTX/RTX in addition to a laptop internal GTX1070 GPU, please share to cheer me up. ;-)

Thanks!

• DAZ Studio Public Beta 4.12.2.51 was just released, and it supports iray on RTX 3000!

I just did a quick render of a 2k*2k picture (Onishi character with dForce hair and dress), limited to 2000 samples, and it took 7 minutes 32.23 seconds on my RTX 3090, more than 3 times faster than my old GTX 1080TI.

I was expecting a bit more, but I think it's a promising start!

onishi_lavender_dress_2kx2k.png
    2048 x 2048 - 3M
  • Jakamoto said:

DAZ Studio Public Beta 4.12.2.51 was just released, and it supports iray on RTX 3000!

I just did a quick render of a 2k*2k picture (Onishi character with dForce hair and dress), limited to 2000 samples, and it took 7 minutes 32.23 seconds on my RTX 3090, more than 3 times faster than my old GTX 1080TI.

I was expecting a bit more, but I think it's a promising start!

You may see a bigger difference with scenes that make more use of ray-tracing features, since those are where the new RTX cores kick in.

• I see! Thanks for the hint! yes