Problem with H.pose

Recently got this pose bundle: https://www.daz3d.com/big-bug-poses-for-xenotype-specimen-alpha

It works fine for just the alien, but Genesis 8 models won't pose. I get a log error if I apply the H.pose to just the Genesis 8 model which gives me:

Invalid hierarchy for selected node(s) and "preset_hierarchical_pose" type; no root(s) found.

I've tried changing the parent of genesis 8 to the alien, and vice versa. Either way only the alien changes pose, not genesis 8. Am I not doing something right, I haven't tried using an H.pose before?

Comments

• I don't owe the set, but i suspect that genesis 8 needs to be patented to the monster for the poses to work. In that case, you could parent the figure to the monster, apply the pose, select only the G8 figure and save as a pose preset. That way you would be able to apply the pose to any G8 without the need of parenting to the monster.
  • Hierarchical poses depend on the items you're applying them to being parented in the same way as when the pose preset was created. If they're parented the other way round, or if you try to apply the pose to the child object instead of the parent object, that's the error you get.

Are you sure you're parenting the G8 figure directly to the root node of the alien figure? If you parent it to any other body part, that counts as "invalid hierarchy". That one caught me out more than a few times when I was getting used to H.Poses.

• Yes, Genesis 8 Male or Female must be parented to the XenSpecAlpha’s thorax