Hair not selectable in viewport

I have noticed that some hair sets cannot be selected in the viewport with the mouse. You have to go get them in the Scene tab. Hovering your arrow over them in viewport does nothing. Is there a reason for it?

Comments

• Are they set to be selectable in the Scene/Parameters pane?

• GordigGordig Posts: 9,899

I would hope this wouldn't be the case for anything available in the store, but it's possible that face groups haven't been properly set up. What are some hairs that have this problem?

• There are a few, from what I gather. The colleague I work with on renders tends to buy a hair set as soon as he like the look of it, which allows me to give them a test on his rig before I commit to buy as well. When I see one which does that particular thing, I tend to look for something else... I ran a remote session on his rig and came up with these three cases:

Jenni Wild Summer, Lyam Bob, PreT Girls Fringe. 

You can select them from the Scene tab but not by hovering the mouse on them in displayport, just as I said before. Sorry it took a bit of time, I had to go through my pal's whole library, since he wasn't around to tell me which. 

• GordigGordig Posts: 9,899
    edited September 2020

The only one of those I have is Lyam Bob, so I'll take a look at that and report back.

edit: Lyam Bob has no selection groups set up, which is why this happens. If, for example, you apply the face group "head" to the hip bone, then you'll be able to select it in the viewport.

nosel.png
    2736 x 996 - 196K
    Post edited by Gordig on
  • Thanks, Gordig, I'll try to fix his library with it and run some tests :)