DAZ Studio 4.6 has disappeared off my PC

tr.wintletr.wintle Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in Technical Help (nuts n bolts)

After downloading and installing "Slaying the Dragon Bundle" offer via the Install manager, my DAZ3D Studio Pro 4.6 has now disappeared off my PC. No icon and no daz3d executable file within the Daz3d folder. The launcher shows it as present within the ready to Install tab. I click on Install and it's done within a micro second! But still no icon or program. It then shows it within the Installed tab but the file size is ? .

Uninstall doesn't work. I tried re-downloading from the site but I'm stuck in a loop with the manager and have no idea how I'm going to get out of this one and get the program working again :( Desperate for help please.

Comments

• Lissa_xyzLissa_xyz Posts: 6,116
    edited December 1969

You didn't by chance do any sort of rollback or system restore on your computer did you?

• tr.wintletr.wintle Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Vaskania said:
    You didn't by chance do any sort of rollback or system restore on your computer did you?

Nope. Just downloaded and installed the “Slaying the Dragon Bundle” and when I went to click on the studio icon, it was no longer there nor the program. And now I cannot re-install it.

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

Did you install the 64 bit version of DAZ Studio, and is it not in this location? C:\Program Files\DAZ 3D\DAZStudio4

Did you actually run DAZ Studio before you installed the Dragon bundle? Was it working correctly, did you get the splash screen and the interface?

It sounds to me as if DS never installed in the first place. Installing any content would not remove the DAZ Studio application in any circumstances.

If you can see DS in the Installed tab, then select it by putting a check mark next to it, then click on the Start Queue button, which will uninstall it again. Once it reappears in the 'Ready to Install' tab again, click on the little arrow next to the word 'Install', and there is an option there for deleting that item.

You should now be able to re-download DAZ Studio, it looks like you have a corrupted download.

• MithoronMithoron Posts: 47
    edited December 1969

Did you by chance also install a Daz Update through DIM? I have an issue where DIM tells me there's a Daz update and when I install it, it deletes Daz from my system (Win7 64-bit). Have worked it through Support and they are baffled at what is going on, so I just HIDE the Daz updates now and manually download and update from my account items...

Not saying that's your problem, but relating mine, LOL...

• tr.wintletr.wintle Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Today when I powered on my PC, I opened up the manager and there was daz studio ready and waiting to install. I installed it, and now - so far so good - it seems to be working fine. So I guess in future should something similar like this happen, is to power cycle your PC and then retry.

Thanks everyone for your help and suggestions :)

• It's vanished from my computer as well. Completely gone.