Horse2Goat

cathan01_wwg1wgacathan01_wwg1wga Posts: 353
edited September 2020 in Freebies

Goat and Bighorn for Daz Horse 2. Two Scene Subsets to load in Daz Horse 2 as a Goat or Bighorn Sheep.

Not the best looking custom animal morphs, but useful until better looking official products become available… hopefully. Saved as scene subsets to maintain overall resize of the body, resizing in the neck, and removal of limits in “Leg Length” under the Actor parameter.

Both animals will load without textures.

Artists can make further modifications to these characters as they see fit such as textures, fur, horns, parameter adjustments, etc. Feedback and suggestions welcome.

Having the following products in your Daz Studio Content Library allow the Goat and Bighorn to load in as intended:

Daz Horse 2 (Daz Originals)
Link: https://www.daz3d.com/daz-horse-2

Lovable Llamas (midnight_stories)
Link: https://www.daz3d.com/loveable-llamas

Tane The Old Deer for Daz Horse 2 (Deepsea)
Link: https://www.daz3d.com/tane-the-old-deer-for-daz-horse-2

Marguerite the Cow for Daz Horse 2 (Deepsea)
https://www.daz3d.com/marguerite-the-cow-hd-for-daz-horse-2

Denver The Calf HD for Daz Horse 2 (Deepsea) Link: https://www.daz3d.com/denver-the-calf-hd-for-daz-horse-2

SF Unicorn for DAZ Horse 2 (Fuseling and Sickleyield)
Link: https://www.daz3d.com/sf-unicorn-for-daz-horse-2

**Edit: Attempted to fix a few issues with errors reporting missing morphs. Hope this works. Please inform me of additional problems. Thank You.

SmallWonders_small.png
700 x 560 - 786K
BighornMountain_crop.png
584 x 636 - 619K
bighorn.png
647 x 636 - 91K
goat.png
651 x 637 - 92K
zip
zip
Horse2Goat.zip
Post edited by cathan01_wwg1wga on

Comments

• Faeryl WomynFaeryl Womyn Posts: 3,296
    edited September 2020

So you I need all those morphs for Daz Horse 2 in order to use your presets?

Post edited by Faeryl Womyn on
  • GordigGordig Posts: 9,180
    edited September 2020

Your list of required products is incomplete. Here is the error message I get when loading the presets:

data/daz 3d/daz horse 2/base/morphs/linday/dark knight/dark knight hd details.dsf

data/daz 3d/daz horse 2/base/morphs/midnight_stories/llama/llama-ears-back.dsf

data/daz 3d/daz horse 2/base/morphs/midnight_stories/llama/llama.dsf

data/daz 3d/daz horse 2/base/morphs/rawart/raw_toypony/raw_toypony.dsf

data/daz 3d/daz horse 2/base/morphs/sickleyield/dh2unicorn/fbmunicorn01.dsf

data/daz 3d/daz horse 2/base/morphs/sickleyield/dh2unicorn/fbmunicorn02.dsf

edit: off-topic, but why does the horse have a "Roman nose" morph?

Post edited by Gordig on
  • cathan01_wwg1wgacathan01_wwg1wga Posts: 353
    edited September 2020

So you I need all those morphs for Daz Horse 2 in order to use your presets?

Yes, it is recommended you have these items to achieve the goat and big horn morphs. I have no skills at creating scratch morphs myself, so I used the creatures available at Daz3D to "morph-bash" creatures I need for my book project. I apologize for having such a big list of recommended items and hope a professional content creator will create these animals sometime in the near future.

Gordig said:

Your list of required products is incomplete. Here is the error message I get when loading the presets:

data/daz 3d/daz horse 2/base/morphs/linday/dark knight/dark knight hd details.dsf

data/daz 3d/daz horse 2/base/morphs/midnight_stories/llama/llama-ears-back.dsf

data/daz 3d/daz horse 2/base/morphs/midnight_stories/llama/llama.dsf

data/daz 3d/daz horse 2/base/morphs/rawart/raw_toypony/raw_toypony.dsf

data/daz 3d/daz horse 2/base/morphs/sickleyield/dh2unicorn/fbmunicorn01.dsf

data/daz 3d/daz horse 2/base/morphs/sickleyield/dh2unicorn/fbmunicorn02.dsf

edit: off-topic, but why does the horse have a "Roman nose" morph?

That's weird as I thought I had zeroed any morphs not related to the products listed above. Doubly weird in that the Llama and Unicorn morphs should load if you have both Lovable Llamas and SF Unicorn for DAZ Horse 2 in your library. I'll try to correct the error and fix the issue. Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for making me aware of it.

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,929

Awesome! Thanks so much!

• Awesome! Thanks so much!

You're welcome, nonesuch00. Recently made a fix to the original file due to issues reported by another downloader, so redownload if you encounter any errors.

That's weird as I thought I had zeroed any morphs not related to the products listed above. Doubly weird in that the Llama and Unicorn morphs should load if you have both Lovable Llamas and SF Unicorn for DAZ Horse 2 in your library. I'll try to correct the error and fix the issue. Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for making me aware of it.

I should probably have mentioned that I don't own those, but thought I'd see how they looked anyway.

• dawnbladedawnblade Posts: 1,723

Awesome! Thanks so much!

+1!yes

Thank you! Mind if I ask which combinations of fur/textures you used in your renders?

edited September 2020
    Gordig said:

I should probably have mentioned that I don't own those, but thought I'd see how they looked anyway.

Thanks for clarifying. I thought I really messed something up. How did the morphs turn out without those products, BTW?

dawnblade said:

Awesome! Thanks so much!

+1!yes

Thank you! Mind if I ask which combinations of fur/textures you used in your renders?

For the goat, I used the Llama's white material for the body; Tane the Old Deer's body, head, neck, and tail fibermesh fur with an off-white diffuse color; and hoof materials from HD Dark Knight for DAZ Horse 2. For the Big Horn, I used Tane the Old Deer's textures and fur, and applied DestinysGarden's DG Iray Fur, Flocking, Scales Shader Presets to a geoshell set to 50% opacity for additional fuzz (with an opacity map created in GIMP for the head to make fur around the muzzle shorter). The horns are from Michael 4 Creature Creator Add Ons.

If I owned Gnu for DAZ Horse 2 by AM, I definitely would have utilized either it's LAMH of dForce fur for my renders. If I ever get the GNU, I'd love to try morph/ kit-bashing Mouflon and Marco Polo sheep.

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,929
    dawnblade said:

Awesome! Thanks so much!

+1!yes

Which renders are you talking about? The 3DU Noodles, Toon Mouse, Bacon, Bear? Or the DAZ Seal? 

I just make up a Strand Based Hair for them, one per fur surface, but unfortunately even though those use the original textures for colors, the colors come out monotone instead of matching the original textures.

It's no secret how I do it if you like I can upload the scenes you are interested in and you'll see the SBH parameters for you to copy & adjust.

edited September 2020
    Gordig said:

Thanks for clarifying. I thought I really messed something up. How did the morphs turn out without those products, BTW?

I picked up the llamas in today's sale, but I still don't have that unicorn, and don't think I'll be buying it. Without whatever morphs you were using from that, they look like this:

Which is to say, pretty good. Thank you for making these. I'd been wanting a goat/ram for quite some time.

dawnblade said:

Awesome! Thanks so much!

+1!yes

If I owned Gnu for DAZ Horse 2 by AM, I definitely would have utilized either it's LAMH of dForce fur for my renders. If I ever get the GNU, I'd love to try morph/ kit-bashing Mouflon and Marco Polo sheep.

Incidentally, I do own the gnu, so here's what that looks like. Strangely, the gnu doesn't have texture presets, so I just loaded a gnu into the scene and copied its surface settings.

Goatses.png
    800 x 600 - 489K
    Gnuoat.png
    800 x 600 - 423K
    Post edited by Gordig on
    edited September 2020

I also converted the presets into morph sliders, and just for goofs, here is both morphs dialed to 100, with a default DH2 for scale.

Goatseses.png
    800 x 600 - 712K
    Post edited by Gordig on
  • You're welcome for the morphs, Gordig. I use the two morph sliders from the SF Unicorn to make my horse 2 based creatures either more robust or slender with slightly longer neck, so the Unicorn isnt too important considering the diversity among sheep/ goat breeds.

I really like the Gnu fur, and I'm hoping I can use different texture presets with at least the dForce fur. I can probably use the horns with my bull preset to make cape buffalo for AM's lions to do battle with. Should also look interesting on the DA Unicorn for Daz Horse 2.

edited September 2020
    Gordig said:

I also converted the presets into morph sliders, and just for goofs, here is both morphs dialed to 100, with a default DH2 for scale.

I wonder if I dailing in a bit of the toon pony might result in a pygmy goat...

I'm starting to sound like Victor Frankenstein, aren't I...?

• Don't punch the goat! LOL

• WandWWandW Posts: 2,786

Did the goat give her a smooch, or is that a shadow on her lips? 

That's her tongue.

• mmanfullmmanfull Posts: 41

Where did the horns for the bighorn sheep come from?  Thanks.

• KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943

mmanfull said:

Where did the horns for the bighorn sheep come from?  Thanks.

https://www.daz3d.com/michael-4-creature-creator-add-ons ;

• I don't see a place to download this. Is it no longer available? I'm checking to see if I have all of the required morphs, but if I do then this Horse2Goat would be a godsend.

• Faeryl WomynFaeryl Womyn Posts: 3,296

At the bottom of the first post you will see some small images and a blank one saying zip, the zip is the download.

• cheardcheard Posts: 49
    edited January 15

Faeryl Womyn said:

At the bottom of the first post you will see some small images and a blank one saying zip, the zip is the download.

I'm late to this party, but searching eagerly for a ram to go with some sheep. I don't see the links mentioned here at all. Just text, no images in the OP as far as my browser goes.

Edit: Dunno why, but after I went to another page and came back here, the images appeared.

Post edited by cheard on