Geometry editor - hidden polygons visible again after re-opening work

Hi!
I'm doing like this:

1. Selecting an object in my work
2. Chose Geometry Editor 
2. Select a few polygons
3, Hide those polygons
4. Close my work
Then, when I re-open the work again, the formerly hidden objects are visible again. Is there a way to avoid that?

Comments

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,936
    edited September 2020
    Not directly. There are two options I know of. First, if you want to permanently get rid if the polygons, delete them instead of just hiding them. Second, if you don't want to delete them, create a Selection Set from those polygons. When you close and reopen your scene, select that Selection Set with the Geometry Editor, and hide the selected polygons again.
    Post edited by barbult on
  • barbult said:
    Not directly. There are two options I know of. First, if you want to permanently get rid if the polygons, delete them instead of just hiding them. Second, if you don't want to delete them, create a Selection Set from those polygons. When you close and reopen your scene, select that Selection Set with the Geometry Editor, and hide the selected polygons again.

You can also create a face group, then use the Joint Editor to add a new bone to the figure (assuming it is a figure) and assign the group as its Selection Group in the Tool Settings pane - then you can hide the bone and it will stay hidden after a save and reload.