Is there a way to do an spot render for animations?

Is there a way to do an spot render for animations?

This would be immensely useful in the cases where the camera is stationary but you have a moving model. You would only have to render the background onces and then only render the figure where you would then composite them in a video editor.

Comments

• RexRedRexRed Posts: 1,298
    edited September 2020

I would say hide as many objects as possible in the scene and just render the main figures, switch out of HDRI, also set the render setting resolution really low def. possibly render in wireframe. or, go to the frame you want to examine and render just that frame. 

Post edited by RexRed on
  • render as png series enviroment dome visible unticked

• RodrijRodrij Posts: 154
    RexRed said:

I would say hide as many objects as possible in the scene and just render the main figures, switch out of HDRI, also set the render setting resolution really low def. possibly render in wireframe. or, go to the frame you want to examine and render just that frame. 

render as png series enviroment dome visible unticked

The problem with this is that this requires a slower workflow then just rendering everything in it's entirety, It also changes the lighting. The environments I'm talking about are indoor, not HDRI backgrounds.

The closest thing I found is duplicating the original camera just before rendering and then changing the resolution/aspect ratio of the duplicate camera which will be the spot render camera and then compositing the full background render with the duplicate camera animation render. The problem is if the duplicate camera changes angles or focus it will make the render usless since it won't lineup.