Morphs Exploding

Hi,

I've been experiencing problems with morphs "exploding" since the latest update to Daz Studio.

Symptoms:

The mesh explodes when dialing up the morph...

This seems to happen whenever it feels like it.  By that I mean, I can be in the process of loading morphs that I've created and all is well until it decides not to work anymore.  In other words, there is no apparent pattern, anything to which it can be correlated.  I've been dealing with this for a while, and if anyone has any ideas I'm all ears!

Thanks!

Causam

explodes.JPG
553 x 453 - 34K

Comments

• A shot in the dark-

This happens to me on morphs in clothing that do not have a solid base geometry. Are there seams on the OBJ that are not visible to you? Disconnected geometry are sometimes very difficult to find unless you open a modeler and pull on vertices/faces/edges to see where it comes un-attached from the model. If something pulls apart from the OBJ you have torn seams and that causes fabulous explosions, at least for me it did...

• Usually this means the vertex count is the same as the original but the order is not - in some applications you need to check maintain Vertex order or the like on import and/or export.

• A shot in the dark-

This happens to me on morphs in clothing that do not have a solid base geometry. Are there seams on the OBJ that are not visible to you? Disconnected geometry are sometimes very difficult to find unless you open a modeler and pull on vertices/faces/edges to see where it comes un-attached from the model. If something pulls apart from the OBJ you have torn seams and that causes fabulous explosions, at least for me it did...

Well, I like to think that my base geometry is solid.  ;)

Usually this means the vertex count is the same as the original but the order is not - in some applications you need to check maintain Vertex order or the like on import and/or export.

Good point, however, as always has been the case going back into antedeluvian history with me and Blender/Daz, I have a preset all figured out and it has not changed.  Seriously though Richard, as I said, this comes and goes.  For instance, I changed projects out of frustration and morphs worked fine the first three iterations.  On the fourth minor tweak, it started exploding again.  I shut down and walked away for an hour, came back, fired it up, and the exploding stopped.  It's weird, dude.  I've been as you probably know doing this for three or four years and I've never seen anything like it.  This is new to DS 4.12.1.118, the version installed with that new doohicky installer (whatever it's called, can't think of it right now).

Capture.JPG
    254 x 143 - 12K
  • Daz Central? I can't imagine why it would make a diffrence, but you can still use Install Manager.

• There's an OLD joke about a guy who goes to the doctor.  He waves his arm around a little bit and says, "Doc, it hurts when I do this."

The doctor replies, "Well then DON'T do that!".

This thread reminds me of that old joke.  I thank y'all for taking the time to respond, but frankly I know that what's happening is happening, and all of the "Don't do thats" and "I can't imagine why" doesn't change it.  As it happens, DS decided two days later that it was ok to load Blender morphs again, knock on wood.  Now it's doing something else entirely new, equally inexplicable and just as aggravating.  Now, when I try to drag a material file from a folder on top of the image panel beside Normal map or what-have-you, then SAVE the asset, it refuses to save the new image.  It forces me to click, browse, go to the new folder, then select the image, then save the asset again - a really useless and unnecessary waste of time.

It's like banks - they make LOTS of mistakes, but never in your favor!  :)

Just venting.  Thanks again people, I'll just keep to myself when there's a problem from here on out.