ONLY Render shows pokethrough

Hi,

I have here a problem.

Render:

Viewport:

Viewport render:

WHY , is ONLY in the render a pokethrough? I have no idea how I can fix a problem, that I can not see :(

2020-09-08 22_04_48-000525.jpg
527 x 735 - 65K
2020-09-08 22_05_01-000526.jpg
379 x 473 - 28K
2020-09-08 22_06_48-000527.jpg
306 x 462 - 26K

Comments

• Espand the garment a little. Run the render for a few hundred iters, till you can see the poke throughs. see if they've improved. You might need to change which region you expand. It is a major PITA. The viewport by default uses a different render engine so it won't always show things as they will look in the full render.

• LoonyLoony Posts: 1,817

I did increased smoothing and I increased the Expand all to 7%.

still one hole left :(

Its hard to fix, when I can not see it.

I assume I will just fix it later in gimp with a clone tool.

• QuixotryQuixotry Posts: 911
    edited September 2020

If you want to avoid having to fix it in Gimp, you could try hiding that part of the character's legs. It looks as though you have socks on the character anyway, so the hidden limb wouldn't be a problem. Select the shin bone in the viewport or in the Scene tab, and then hide that section of the mesh by clicking on the eye symbol to the left of the bone. I do this any time expanding the garment or adjusting smoothing doesn't work.

Screen Shot 2020-09-08 at 3.46.02 PM.png
    1772 x 991 - 502K
    Post edited by Quixotry on
    edited September 2020

Yes the char have socks on, because otherwise the feet would be naked :o and I love cute socks ^_^

(I just wear socks in grey, with orange borders, blue toes and big white points, like a big clown hihi, Funky!).

I didnt thinked about hiding the legs hmmm... too late render is done :)

I was/am just frustraded, that I could not fix it "ingame" (I love to say ingame... daz3d is my fav. game :3)

Post edited by Loony on
  • That type of situation is often caused because of displacement values being a tad too strong. Displacement actually moves the mesh.

• And, to add to Catherine's statement above, displacement is only applied during a full render, which is why you only see it there. I don't know whether it's possible to make it appear in the iRay preview mode - you may well have to look in the 'Draw Settings' tab to see - I've never looked. However, it would slow the iRay preview even further & it's not too fast at the best of times unless you have a really powerful graphics card.

There are a number of options, as stated above:

1. Make parts of the character invisible using either the surface cutout opacity or hiding the particular part of the body in the scene tab.
    2. Scale the clothing to make it a little larger.
    3. Reduce the clothing's negative displacement values, and possibly increasing the positve values by the same amount. to maintain the same relative displacement between high & low sections.

Regards,

Richard

That type of situation is often caused because of displacement values being a tad too strong. Displacement actually moves the mesh.

would say, there is no displacement :(

Only a normal Bump.

• Is there no displacement further down the list, it's usially visible near the 'Cutout Opacity' and just above Horizontal/Vertical tiles. It isn't normally near the 'Bump' slider, even though it would seem a sensible place to put it.

Regards,

Richard.

nope:

but I did now just hide the legs and used the moment to also hide the feet :)

• SimonJMSimonJM Posts: 5,970

Don't forget to check both the clothing AND the underlying figure for displacment ...

SimonJM said:

Don't forget to check both the clothing AND the underlying figure for displacment ...

there is also no displacement :)

edited September 2020

ARGHHHHHH

Come on, the software hates me!

I fixed it with meshgrabber, but damn, that it waits on the render! I wanted to click render and leave the PC).

Post edited by Loony on
  • Could it be that the subdivision level of the pants or character is lower on the viewport than the subdivision on render and therefore the different geometry creates the poke-throughs only during Iray rendering?

edited September 2020
    TheCediz said:

Could it be that the subdivision level of the pants or character is lower on the viewport than the subdivision on render and therefore the different geometry creates the poke-throughs only during Iray rendering?

No idea ㄟ( ▔, ▔ )ㄏ

but saw this in the drawing settings:

maybe that can change that? No idea.

2020-09-09 19_12_37-000537.jpg
    181 x 127 - 7K
    Post edited by Loony on
  • I've found often hd morph on figures cause pokethrough on men's clothing.

Yes my char is using HD details.

• If the render and viewport resolution are different, you gonna have different effects on the geometries and it might creates pokethroughs. Both the clothing and figure need to be checked and corrected for this.

Annotation 2020-09-09 143622.png
    689 x 604 - 104K

yeah that subD is always different.

I've found often hd morph on figures cause pokethrough on men's clothing.

That was sadly the problem :( I disabled the Body HD morph and now the pokethrough is gone, had it again (I build comics, so I need my char multiple times).

but well, the boy is covered full in clothes so the body is anyway not visible and the HD details aren't needed, I just let the Face HD on, not that I really see it xD...

• Loony said:

I've found often hd morph on figures cause pokethrough on men's clothing.

That was sadly the problem :( I disabled the Body HD morph and now the pokethrough is gone, had it again (I build comics, so I need my char multiple times).

but well, the boy is covered full in clothes so the body is anyway not visible and the HD details aren't needed, I just let the Face HD on, not that I really see it xD...

Yeah, I'm sorry to be right. In rendering men, with HD muscles all the time, I can never get their clothig not to have pokethrough. So what I do is save out two versions, one with HD, and one with none but head for wearing full clothing. But yeah, I agree, it is disappointing and frustrating issue. 

• Noah LGPNoah LGP Posts: 2,588
    edited September 2020

SubD 4 is only visible  in render, I use a geoshell (figure) as a Collision item for the Smoothing Modifier.

Post edited by Noah LGP on

I dont think I have subd4. Just subd2, is HD even worth with that low SubD? xD