Program hangs when applying mesh smoothing

RobertDyRobertDy Posts: 265

I've been having this very frustrating problem and I wonder if others have it and if there's a solution. I find that at times when DAZ says 'applying mesh smoothing', the program hangs and I have to close and restart the program, losing all my progress. I'm not sure what triggers this, but I noticed that when it happens, it's when I use the surface selection tool to select something. Is there a solution other than having to close and restart, or disable mesh smoothing?

Post edited by RobertDy on

Comments

• Are you sure it's actually hanging? Applying smoothing can take a while, especially if the iterations are set high - there should be a little progress bar in the Status bar, if that is on. Smoothing can, and probably should, be turned off while posing and turned on only for final tweaking and rendering.

• Are you sure it's actually hanging? Applying smoothing can take a while, especially if the iterations are set high - there should be a little progress bar in the Status bar, if that is on. Smoothing can, and probably should, be turned off while posing and turned on only for final tweaking and rendering.

Yes, very sure it's hanged because there were two times I gave the benefit of the doubt and waited an hour, the progress bar was stuck. I use the script that you made but I'm very used to having stuff smoothed out throughout the process...

• leo04leo04 Posts: 325

I am having the same issue. The program in hanging. I have left it for two days just to confirm this.  The progress bar remains at 0% and has done so for two days.

What remedy is there for this issue?

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 10,013

How much RAM do you have?

• AscaniaAscania Posts: 1,849
    edited November 2022

And what smoothing level are you applying?

Post edited by Ascania on
  • Hello! I just ran into this problem, and noticed that the Collisions Interactions were set to zero. Changing it to 1 resolved the issue here. Now I don't need to leave smoothig turned off. :D