MMX Hair Textures - Merchant Resource license.

Rule no 3 is confusing me. Does this mean that I cannot use the product to create a free model? Cannot use it to Create free textures for a model I create Or only, that I cannot use it in a way that it can be modified like when using it for a commercial product?

You cannot use this set to create any free content. This includes game mods

Also, No part of the set can be used in a tutorial. Do you have a tutorial?

Comments

• Catherine3678abCatherine3678ab Posts: 8,262
    edited September 2020

Rule no 3 is confusing me. Does this mean that I cannot use the product to create a free model? Cannot use it to Create free textures for a model I create Or only, that I cannot use it in a way that it can be modified like when using it for a commercial product?

You cannot use this set to create any free content. This includes game mods

Also, No part of the set can be used in a tutorial. Do you have a tutorial?

Rule #2 is pretty clear.

2. You cannot use this set to create any free content. This includes game mods

One does not normally create models from hair textures. If you create a free hair [that's wonderful] but no, you cannot use any of this set to provide textures with your giveaway. Don't try to look for ways around, there are other materials available or one can make their own. Generally speaking, "no" means "no" ... as in absolutely none of this MR is to be found going out with anybody's free content.

As to the tutorial, Mattymanx now has the wording as

3. No part of this set can be included with tutorials.

I have no knowledge of a tutorial for this product nor AFAIK is there likely to be any danger of one appearing. People that spend that much money on a MR tend to know what they are doing.

eta link for this beautiful resource: https://www.daz3d.com/mmx-hair-textures--merchant-resource

Post edited by Catherine3678ab on