How to install mesh grabber rotations add-on?

I recently bought this product https://www.daz3d.com/mesh-grabber-rotations-add-on, which is an extension of this product https://www.daz3d.com/mesh-grabber

The only ways to install the rotations is through DIM, I can't find an install guide for it. Looking at it's product page, I can see how it displays alongside the bas product when properly installed, but on my Daz it's just the base product still showing.

I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling and the rotations product is still not showing, and I really want to use it. Thank you.

Comments

• SevrinSevrin Posts: 6,305

It installs properly with DIM.

• Sevrin said:

It installs properly with DIM.

Okay. My issue is that I'm installing it and resintalling it through DIM and it's not showing in my workspace, under Tools > Mesh Grabber

• AscaniaAscania Posts: 1,849

• Ascania said:

Yes, I've seen the video, that's how I know it's not there.

The section for Gizmo has no rotation option, it's just the base controls that are present.

• AscaniaAscania Posts: 1,849

check your installation paths.

• Ascania said:

I'm not sure if I can. Unlike the base Mesh Grabber, the rotations add-on doesn't come with a manual download option. Everything else I purchased on the order with Rotations installed just fine through the DIM and I've never had to alter it or even look at it.

• Ascania said:

I'm not sure if I can. Unlike the base Mesh Grabber, the rotations add-on doesn't come with a manual download option. Everything else I purchased on the order with Rotations installed just fine through the DIM and I've never had to alter it or even look at it.

It may be necessary to reisntall the base plug-in with DIM, using different methods might confuse things. You can check the location of the add on by right-click on its entry in DIM>Show Installed Files, then click to make sure the link takes you to the correct application folder.

• Ascania said:

It may be necessary to reisntall the base plug-in with DIM, using different methods might confuse things. You can check the location of the add on by right-click on its entry in DIM>Show Installed Files, then click to make sure the link takes you to the correct application folder.

I did try uninstalling and reinstalling both the base mesh grabber product and the rotations through DIM. When I get the chance, I'll try to manually find the installed files, but as I mentioned earlier, the rotations don't come as a manual download, so unless I can move them from within DIM, I don't know how I would manually install them.

• I wasn't suggesting manually install, I was suggesting making sure that DIM has used the right location when installing.

• THIS STUPID PLUG-IN STILL DOESN'T WORK

• MY INSTALLATION PATHS ARE FINE EVERYTHING ELSE INSTALLS FINE IT IS JUST THIS STUPID PLUG-IN THAT'S THE PROBLEM

• namffuaknamffuak Posts: 4,116

It's a plugin. By definition, it installs to the DAZStudio4/plugins directory and it is MF_meshrot.dll. If it is not there, check the DIM log and see what errors DIM is getting on the installation.

• Also, check that  that DS was closed when yiou installed, that you have entered your serial number in Help>About Installed Plug-ins, and that you restarted DS after entering the serial number.

• namffuak said:

It's a plugin. By definition, it installs to the DAZStudio4/plugins directory and it is MF_meshrot.dll. If it is not there, check the DIM log and see what errors DIM is getting on the installation.

MF_meshrot.dll is there, in the folder you specified, with other plugins

Also, check that  that DS was closed when yiou installed, that you have entered your serial number in Help>About Installed Plug-ins, and that you restarted DS after entering the serial number.

How do I find it's serial number? I can see other serial numbers, like for Fluidos, in my account > serial numbers. Mesh Grabber is not there though.

• Also, when I go to About Installed Plugins, rotations is showing as Loaded, but the Mesh Grabber tool is still not showing the rotation options, as seen in the video above.

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,387
    edited September 2020

Is your version of Mesh grabber up to date? You need the latest version (2.0) to use the rotation add-on.

Post edited by Leana on
  • namffuaknamffuak Posts: 4,116
    edited September 2020

@Richard - looks like Mesh Grabber doesn't use serial numbers - I don't have one, and the plugin is active.

@DefaultName - just to be sure we're on the same page, right-click on the meshgrabber tool and select the "about ManFriday's Mesh Grabber" and verify the version; I show V2.0.0 (2020-03-05)

Post edited by namffuak on
  • Leana said:

Is your version of Mesh grabber up to date? You need the latest version to use the rotation add-on.

I could have sworn on my life it was updated. I downloaded Mesh Grabber update, that fixed it. Thank you. Was tearing my hair out because I really need it.

• namffuak said:

@Richard - looks like Mesh Grabber doesn't use serial numbers - I don't have one, and the plugin is active.

@DefaultName - just to be sure we're on the same page, right-click on the meshgrabber tool and select the "about ManFriday's Mesh Grabber" and verify the version; I show V2.0.0 (2020-03-05)

Sorry, it's all good and working now. I guess I did not update the main product, I really could've sworn I did. Thanks for your help. 

• PetercatPetercat Posts: 2,321

So how do I download it to install manually?

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,387
    edited October 2020
    Petercat said:

So how do I download it to install manually?

It's not available as manual download.

You will have to use DIM to donwload it on a computer which can access internet, then transfer the zip to your offline computer.

Post edited by Leana on
  • PuzziePuzzie Posts: 11

I am having a similar issue.  I downloaded the program from DAZ (version 3.0.0.0) and installed it on Win 10.  There is no serial number.  BUT in the Help => About Installed Plugins it lists MayFriday's mesh grabber

But it is nowhere to be found in the tools menu

Any ideas??  (I am not interested in using DIM)

• WarlamaWarlama Posts: 3

ive got the same issue

re installed mesh grabber base, installed the add on via DIM

ive checked to see my mesh grabber is up to date.

im installing to the right place, i checked in daz to see the plug in is indeed active but when i go to the mesh grabber tool the rotation box is greyed out and i cant use it.