Prop loads as a cube

Db3dDb3d Posts: 248

I have DM's Blox 'n Poses and have used it serveral times.  Today, I went to load one of the props to a scene in DAZ 4.12 and instead of appearing as a block with a star-shaped hople, it is just a cube.  So, I loaded another prop that should have been a block with circlular hole, and it too is just a cube.

I went to the Poser folder in the Content library and loaded the poser version of the same, and they appear exactly as I expect.

So, I deleted the product, re-installed, and I am still getting the same result - DAZ versions load as plane cubes, where the poser versions (in DAZ still) load as expected.  While I could go on just using the poser version, it bugs me that the DAZ .duf files are loading as cubes.  AND, this is the only product I've ever seen this happen with.

.duf files in this product load as cubes with no distingusing features
.pp2 files load exactly as I woudl expect

Any ideas?

Brent

Post edited by Db3d on

Comments

• felisfelis Posts: 4,205
    edited September 2020

It might be that you accidently have changed your draw-mode for viewport to 'bounding box' (the little circle in upper right of the viewport).

Post edited by felis on
  • GordigGordig Posts: 9,900

Are you not getting any error messages? This sounds like the geometry is missing for those props, but when that happens you generally get missing file errors.

• Db3dDb3d Posts: 248
    felis said:

It might be that you accidently have changed your draw-mode for viewport to 'bounding box' (the little circle in upper right of the viewport).

That's not it.  In ALL view modes, they appear as a cube.  And, if draw-mode was "bounding box", wouldn't ALL props appear that way?  This is the first, and only, time I've seen this happen with any product.  (Oh, and my drawing mode is set to Nvidia iRay.)

Gordig said:

Are you not getting any error messages? This sounds like the geometry is missing for those props, but when that happens you generally get missing file errors.

Nope, no error messages.  Checking the log file, it does say it could not find geometry definition and materail for instance.m_uri, and I am getting several syntax errors for expected '{' or '['.

Gordig said:

Well, your comment caused me to find the geometry folder in the .zip file and I copied that over the existing ones in the My Daz Connect Library and that fixed the problem.

It's strange how things can work for months in DAZ, and then one day, they misbehalve.  (That's also why I do nightly backups.)

Thank you for inspiring the solution.

• was the product updated  since you last installed it?

or maybe like I found for some of the Dreamhouse furniture the Poser installers overwrite the DAZ installers, you basically need to chose for that if you want the Poser or DAZ studio version or one of them will get missing files

• Daedalus-7Daedalus-7 Posts: 198
    edited September 2020

It happened to me too. It's usualy a broken or non compatible (with your version of DAZ) prop. Sometimes I solved it by loading the same prop from a different generation (say G2 instead of G3), but other times you are out of luck unless you can load the object as an OBJ.

Post edited by Daedalus-7 on