Into The Bushes Bad Installer

GreybroGreybro Posts: 2,493

Is it possible that the product "Into The Bushes," has a bad installer? The Connect version appears to install in like 4 seconds but none of the thumbnails show up and it throws an error on load. I tried the manual installer and that produced the same error.

Note: I have opened a support ticket for this and have as yet received no response.

If anyone has an insight or has successfully loaded this product in Daz Studio, I'd love to know.

Actually, I tried over-wrighting the product files with the manual zip once again some weeks after the relase and this time it appear to make it work even thoug the thumbnails are still missing

Post edited by Greybro on

Comments

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,936

Once you get it installed, you'll find that it has other bugs, which have not been fixed, even though I reported it months ago. sad

• GreybroGreybro Posts: 2,493
    barbult said:

Once you get it installed, you'll find that it has other bugs, which have not been fixed, even though I reported it months ago. sad

That is unfortunate.

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,936

This is the request I submitted back in May. Looking at this, you can see what problems you can expect to encounter.

Request #332849

Into the Bushes errors on props and materials

• May 27, 2020 14:48

Into the Bushes (SKU 68603) has errors on both props and materials.
      1) ITB Large Bush 01 loads bright orange (even the trunk is orange). The thumbnail shows a green bush. All the other bushes in the product load as a green bush. This one should also load as a green bush. Examining the surface settings even shows that a leaf texture is being applied to the trunk surface. The materials on this prop are just wrong.
      2) The product promo image shows three different bush materials in the product. We only got two, because ITB Leaves Autumn 1 and ITB Leaves Autumn 3 seem to be identical. The orange/yellow colored bush material is missing. I suspect that some of the surface settings that load with the ITB Large Bush 01 prop were intended to be saved as a Materials preset and instead were saved as a Prop, overwriting the good green bush.

This is a PC+ product. Please correct this product.

• NorthOf45NorthOf45 Posts: 5,442

I looked deeper into the product myself at the time, and realized just how deep the rabbit hole was. There are 11 texture maps for the leaves, used on two channels per leaf, base and translucency. That makes 121 combinations (base texture and translucency don't have the same effect, so swapping the two will look different). Add in that there are four leaf groups per bush, and the possible combinations are in the hundreds of millions. If you stick to two leaf groups per bush (assuming two of each), it's still over 14,000 combinations (or maybe that's 7,000). Whatever, too many to worry about. I picked 5 or 6 combos and saved new presets. 

• XelloszXellosz Posts: 742

barbult said:

This is the request I submitted back in May. Looking at this, you can see what problems you can expect to encounter.

Request #332849

Into the Bushes errors on props and materials

• May 27, 2020 14:48

Into the Bushes (SKU 68603) has errors on both props and materials.
      1) ITB Large Bush 01 loads bright orange (even the trunk is orange). The thumbnail shows a green bush. All the other bushes in the product load as a green bush. This one should also load as a green bush. Examining the surface settings even shows that a leaf texture is being applied to the trunk surface. The materials on this prop are just wrong.
      2) The product promo image shows three different bush materials in the product. We only got two, because ITB Leaves Autumn 1 and ITB Leaves Autumn 3 seem to be identical. The orange/yellow colored bush material is missing. I suspect that some of the surface settings that load with the ITB Large Bush 01 prop were intended to be saved as a Materials preset and instead were saved as a Prop, overwriting the good green bush.

This is a PC+ product. Please correct this product.

The problem had been solved? I'm asking it because the product is part of the https://www.daz3d.com/great-byob-5-items, but I don't want to buy something faulty...