Problem With Paramount Lights -- RESOLVED!

melaniemelanie Posts: 779

I bought the Paramount Lights and like the results, but I have a problem in that I can't seem to move the carmeras around. They seem to be locked and my characters' heads are cut off at the top of the screen. Has anyone else bought these lights and figured out how to move the figure around to get all of him or her into the shot? Please see my screen shot. I can't move him down into the screen so his head isn't cut off at the top.

Screen-Shot.jpg
1920 x 1080 - 224K
Post edited by melanie on

Comments

• Look under Constraints in the Parameters pane - is the camera set to Point At the head?

• melaniemelanie Posts: 779

It says none under constraints.

I clicked on my character and tried moving him downward, and that does bring him into the camera without cutting his head off, but it seems like I should be able to move the cameras around.

• vwranglervwrangler Posts: 4,871
    edited September 2020

If you look at the sliders on the right side of your screen capture, you have the camera itself selected and all the XYZ parameters are locked (the little padlocks). The camera itself literally cannot move; I'm guessing that the PA who made the lights did that for some reason. You need to click on those locks to unlock them, and then hopefully you will be able to move the camera.

Post edited by vwrangler on
    edited September 2020
    vwrangler said:

If you look at the sliders on the right side of your screen capture, you have the camera itself selected and all the XYZ parameters are locked (the little padlocks). The camera itself literally cannot move; I'm guessing that the PA who made the lights did that for some reason. You need to click on those locks to unlock them, and then hopefully you will be able to move the camera.

Thank you, Vwrangler!!! That worked. I know about those locks but it just totally escaped me. I don't know why they should be locked. Characters are different sizes and shapes, so it might be necessary to move the camera a little bit. 

Post edited by melanie on