Beautiful Bends for G2: Poser compatible?

edited December 1969 in Poser Discussion

The product page says that it comes with a DSON installer, but then under "compatible software," it only lists DAZ Studio. Is that an oversight, or is Beautiful Bends really not Poser-compatible?

Comments

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

It says a DSON core installer, which is the main installer for DS. It does not list having a Poser companion file, which the Poser DSON Importer needs to get it into Poser.

• Male-M3diaMale-M3dia Posts: 3,581
    edited December 1969

chohole said:
    It says a DSON core installer, which is the main installer for DS. It does not list having a Poser companion file, which the Poser DSON Importer needs to get it into Poser.

If it's just morph based, you may not need a poser companion file.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited July 2014

chohole said:

If it's just morph based, you may not need a poser companion file.

Only .DSFs according to the product page

Post edited by Chohole on
  • edited December 1969

Ah, yeah, I see that now. That's a shame. Poser support would be nice to have in a product that expensive. Of course, it would be even nicer if DAZ could design a figure capable of making very basic bends correctly without a third party fix, but that's another rant.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 98,058
    edited December 1969

Felderin said:
    Ah, yeah, I see that now. That's a shame. Poser support would be nice to have in a product that expensive. Of course, it would be even nicer if DAZ could design a figure capable of making very basic bends correctly without a third party fix, but that's another rant.

I don't think anyone has said it isn't Poser compatible - the product appears to be just morphs, so there are no user files that need PoserCFs to appear in the library. The morphs should load with the figure in Poser as they do in DS.

• WandWWandW Posts: 2,794
    edited December 1969

According to the description, there are some poses, lights and material presets with it. However, I would expect the JCMs themselves to work in Poser...