Glowing Eyes In Darkness

I wanted to take a G8f character with touched eyes- light purple, actually- and show the beaming eyes, but...out of the darkness.  So I want don't want anything else seen  (a dark room, with eyes only.)    The best I can do, right now, is in this screenshot.  is there a quick way to accomplish this?

14.JPG
1247 x 661 - 56K

Comments

• GordigGordig Posts: 9,900

It looks like you have another light source beside the eyes. Have you applied emissive settings to the eyes?

• Emissive settings?

You are correct, I added a light set, because therewas automatic lighting (when no light sets are in place.)

• GordigGordig Posts: 9,900

Are you rendering in 3Delight or Iray? If Iray, you can go to render settings and set automatic headlamp to "never" to take care of the automatic lighting. Select your figure, go to the Surfaces pane, and select one of the eye surfaces (probaby Irises), and scroll down close to the bottom where you'll find the emission color. Change that to any color but black (white generally works best), and that will add the emissive properties. Play around with those until you get the desired effect. You can also apply the base color map to emission color.

The steps are probably more or less the same for 3Delight, but I don't know from experience.

• Thank's for replying, I can try to follow your suggestion.  I have been using 3d, because right now, I do no require a render.  I was just attempting to make it happen in the viewport.  You know, I didn't try a render, to see what it looks like.

I will play around with that, as you suggested.   After dinner (and while I'm preparing it.  blush )  

Thank you for your Help!  I would really like to get this effect!  Eyes, peering out of darkness!- a light purple (eyes)

• By the way, I am having a little trouble finding the automatic headlamp setting. (to turn it on or off.)

• nemesis10nemesis10 Posts: 3,386
    dash2128 said:

By the way, I am having a little trouble finding the automatic headlamp setting. (to turn it on or off.)

select the camera in scene > Parameter Tab > Headlight

• Thank you!

Using surfaces,I finally reduced the eyes to this: (screenshot).

I still cant' get the last two pieces- the eyeballs and...eyemoister strips- I don't know what else to call them- to disappear.  

I only want the iris to appear!- in the dark.

15.JPG
    829 x 675 - 31K
    14.JPG
    1247 x 661 - 56K
  • That's pretty close!

I had to use opacity, in surfaces, and- with a black background (environments)- make as much of character as possible. to disappear.

Then I added fog, to cover the eyeballs, and (in surfaces) blacken the fog, which helped.

Close up, the outline of eyeballs can be seen, unfortunately.  But only close up.  And even that, almost passes. 

16.JPG
    840 x 686 - 29K
    18.JPG
    830 x 672 - 31K
  • Thanks again, everone!