Daz Studio and Apple's ARM Architecture?

Apologies for thew layman question and I know it hasn't actually happened yet, but is Daz likely to be able to work with this when it rolls out? 

Comments

• fastbike1fastbike1 Posts: 4,077

I am under the impression that Studio does not work with the latest Catalina OS. Not being a Mac user, I could be wrong. However I do believe that Apple's direction and unwillingness to share info has made it difficult/impossible for DAZ to continue offering Studio compabtibility of fture Apple OS. 

• At first,yes. There will be an x86 emulator included with the ARM version of the MacOS. Will it eventually be discontinued? That is what happened when they went from PowerPC to x86. Will Daz produce and ARM version of Daz Studio? There has been no statement one way or another.

• fastbike1 said:

I am under the impression that Studio does not work with the latest Catalina OS. Not being a Mac user, I could be wrong. However I do believe that Apple's direction and unwillingness to share info has made it difficult/impossible for DAZ to continue offering Studio compabtibility of fture Apple OS. 

There were some issues with Catalina, they are mostly if not entirely fixed in the current version.