How to speed up scene opening?

Hi!

It takes 60 seconds to change from scene A to scene B, but both scenes are very similar with the same background and characters. My PC has SSD and I expect the scene to open faster even in texture shaded viewport. Is there something I can do?

Comments

• LenioTGLenioTG Posts: 2,118
    oppai-man said:

Hi!

It takes 60 seconds to change from scene A to scene B, but both scenes are very similar with the same background and characters. My PC has SSD and I expect the scene to open faster even in texture shaded viewport. Is there something I can do?

If all of your library is using a SSD, everything that's not a figure will load in an instant.

Figures, on the other hand, take a huge load of time. Luckily for you, some months ago I've made a guide about it! :)

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/411446/why-does-it-take-so-long-to-load-figures-solved-with-guide/p1

• It depends on the content of the scene - mine, with a morph-heavy figure, generally take longer than that. DS has to free up the memory used, item-by-item I think, and clear the undo queue. Assuming you are usign human figures, one thing might be to try not to have more morphs and characters than you need installed.