Minimum recommended NVIDA processor and/or laptop recommendations?

I'm going to be in the market for a new laptop soon, and this time around I want to get a computer with an actual NVIDA processor instead of just having to make do with a sub-par graphics card and CPU/GPU.  So, I'd like to know what the minimum reccomended NVIDA processor is for someone using Daz Studio.  For reference, I'd like to be able to render in IRAY still images featuring at least three, maybe four, human figures plus a background, or, alternately, an animation featuring one or two human figures.  If anyone wants to suggest a specific model of laptop, that would also be welcome.  (Ideally, I want something with at least 2 TB of storage, though that can be spread across multiple hard drives.)

Comments

• margravemargrave Posts: 1,822

I exclusively use desktops for graphics now, but you might want to browse NVIDIA's official recommendation list:

https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/studio/products/

• fastbike1fastbike1 Posts: 4,077
    edited September 2020

@Cowrie

Get the most VRAM and CUDA cores that you can afford. In fact consider getting more than you can afford and stretching. Personally wouldn't recommend spending money on less than a RTX 2070 Super. If too much money, save. You'll also should consider at least 32GB CPU RAM and an 800 watt or larger power supply. Specifica CPU is less important for Studio.

As@margrave says, a laptop won't cut it for what you want to so.

Post edited by fastbike1 on