Daz3D to Marvelous - importing posed model not correct

Hi, I am trying to get my Daz model gesture to match up in Marvelous when I import it, for some reason the arms are not conforming to the Daz pose I made. I am creating a keyframe at frame 1 (tpose) and 30(custom pose) and exporting as Collada with animation. Below I have attached my pose in Daz (image 1) to compare what marvelous is reading the pose as in the animation tab (image 2) I've been trying to figure this out for hours. helppp

Capture2.JPG
3408 x 1864 - 583K
Capture.JPG
2010 x 1872 - 171K
Post edited by Chohole on

Comments

• lilweeplilweep Posts: 2,401

Hmm... I dont know.  You could try the alembic exporter instead, exporting animation as alembic instead of collada: https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/428856/sagan-a-daz-to-blender-alembic-exporter#latest

• How did you pose the arms?

• I figured it out Gen 8 model does not work, have to use Gen 3 and works like a charm, this needs to be reported to Daz

• Hi guys I spent 3 hours trying to figure out why my posed Daz model was not correctly animating in Marvelous designer to find out the Gen 3 Model works just fine, Gen 8 model needs updated to conform correctly in Marvelous Designer. Below illlustates the issue with Gen 8 Model.

Notice the arm in Marvelous is not fully extending upward as is shown in the Daz preview

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604

Threads merged

• I figured it out Gen 8 model does not work, have to use Gen 3 and works like a charm, this needs to be reported to Daz

As I asked above, how did you pose the arm? I'm pretty sure any difference is down to how you posed the figures, as you can see below Genesis 8 Female poses made with transforms (rather than pose cotnrols on the root figure node) go across correctly

G8F posed - DS.jpg
    537 x 877 - 47K
    G8F posed - MD.jpg
    574 x 976 - 33K