Old Jeb HD is missing in figures - why?

Comments

• margravemargrave Posts: 1,822
    edited August 2020

https://www.daz3d.com/old-jeb-hd-for-genesis-8-male is not showing in Figures/male - why is it?

Because there is no figure.

It only has shaping and material presets for Genesis 8, it seems. No figure asset to tie them together.

EDIT:

Actually, it does have a figure, but for some reason it's in the product's "Saved Files" folder. I'm assuming whatever Daz uses to scan for figures doesn't look in there.

Post edited by margrave on
  • Lothar WeberLothar Weber Posts: 1,611
    margrave said:

https://www.daz3d.com/old-jeb-hd-for-genesis-8-male is not showing in Figures/male - why is it?

Because there is no figure.

It only has shaping and material presets for Genesis 8, it seems. No figure asset to tie them together.

EDIT:

Actually, it does have a figure, but for some reason it's in the product's "Saved Files" folder. I'm assuming whatever Daz uses to scan for figures doesn't look in there.

Exactly what I've tried to explain wink - any ideas how to correct this without a ticket?

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,391

Right-click on the file in content library then select categorize to create your own metadata.

Leana said:

Right-click on the file in content library then select categorize to create your own metadata.

yes Thaaaaaaaank you..... heart

• If you right-click on the character preset and select Categorise, then add it to the existing Figures category it will appear. It isn't a case of scanning, it's a matter of categorisation. Please report this as a metadata bug too, so that it can be fixed.

If you right-click on the character preset and select Categorise, then add it to the existing Figures category it will appear. It isn't a case of scanning, it's a matter of categorisation. Please report this as a metadata bug too, so that it can be fixed.

Thank you Richard. Will try that after next render. I'm on a render spree today.. wink

If you right-click on the character preset and select Categorise, then add it to the existing Figures category it will appear. It isn't a case of scanning, it's a matter of categorisation. Please report this as a metadata bug too, so that it can be fixed.

Richard! Thank for the tip. Now he is in the right place!! Will report this with a ticket after the next render... yes

• radiaradia Posts: 128

I've tried downloading Old Jeb HD today, both via DIM and manually. In each case, download is failing. Possibly it's because the product has been pulled pending a fix for Lothat's issue above? However, would someone who owns this product be able to try just downloading the manual zip file (no need to try installing it), to ensure it's not just me? Many thanks!

• MimicMollyMimicMolly Posts: 2,147
    radia said:

I've tried downloading Old Jeb HD today, both via DIM and manually. In each case, download is failing. Possibly it's because the product has been pulled pending a fix for Lothat's issue above? However, would someone who owns this product be able to try just downloading the manual zip file (no need to try installing it), to ensure it's not just me? Many thanks!

They don't usually pull items for metadata fixing. But the downloads haven't been working lately, for other stuff. So it's possible that it could be related to that.

Ah right - I've just seen that in another thread. I'll wait and try again another day before lodging a ticket. Thanks.

Yes - must have just been the general site download problem as he downloaded ok today (though not appearing in figures as already noted).

Fantastic character (out of the box below).