How do I use mesh lights in Reality Engine?

Apparantly I should be using mesh lights in reality for the best results, but I don't really see anything like it. Is this something I have to create myself? If so, how do I get it to show up in the Reality Render. 

Comments

• SimonJMSimonJM Posts: 5,970

From memory you do that somewhere in the material/surface handling - you 'simply' set te correct option for the surface type.  Sorry can't be any clearer as it has been a long while since I used Reality and I no longer have it active.

• lou618_2b45855fe7lou618_2b45855fe7 Posts: 65
    edited August 2020
    SimonJM said:

From memory you do that somewhere in the material/surface handling - you 'simply' set te correct option for the surface type.  Sorry can't be any clearer as it has been a long while since I used Reality and I no longer have it active.

Well, what about Opencl rendering? Why is it still using my CPU and all 32 gbs of my ram when it should be using my GPU? Its a simple scene with only two characters, so there ain't no way in hell it should be swallowing up all my ram like that at all. 

Post edited by lou618_2b45855fe7 on
  • SimonJMSimonJM Posts: 5,970
    SimonJM said:

Well, what about Opencl rendering? Why is it still using my CPU and all 32 gbs of my ram when it should be using my GPU? Its a simple scene with only two characters, so there ain't no way in hell it should be swallowing up all my ram like that at all. 

Somewhere in the Render tab, there is the option to specify what to use for the render: CPU onlu, Hybrid, or OpenCL. No idea why it's absorbing all your resources, sorry; I never noticed that sort of thing.

• lou618_2b45855fe7lou618_2b45855fe7 Posts: 65
    edited August 2020
    SimonJM said:
    SimonJM said:

Somewhere in the Render tab, there is the option to specify what to use for the render: CPU onlu, Hybrid, or OpenCL. No idea why it's absorbing all your resources, sorry; I never noticed that sort of thing.

indecision Yeah, I see why you don't use it anymore, and why this forum doesn't even bother listing it as third party software. This plug in sucks straight up fruit booty juice. Now its claiming there is no scene to render, and I really don't have the patience to figure out why. Why this engine is so appealing to people is beyond my understanding. The photo realistic renders is certainly not enough to sit here trying to tolerate the aggravation and hassle that comes with it. I would be ready to get a refund if the upgrade to Reality 4 wasn't so cheap. nono......I'd rather use 3Delight than this. 

Post edited by lou618_2b45855fe7 on
  • PlatnumkPlatnumk Posts: 664

If you still want a set of Mesh Lights then you can download a copy set from HERE,  These were originally created and posted on the official Reality Forums by Sigstan .but sadly the link has disapeared