Smart content and install tab nearly empty

May DawneyMay Dawney Posts: 139

I had set up a batch render queue with a werewolf when one of them crapped out upon launce, claiming it couldn't find any of the textures of somehing it had rendered just fine a minute ago. Upon cancelling the batch, this is the install tab and smart content tab I am left with. I own several thousand dollars worth of content and the DAZ cloud folder is taking up around 600 GB on my harddrive so it must still be there. Any idea how to access it again? I have rebooted my comp, logged out and back in, and updated the metadata. Still just this in smart content and install tab. Thank you!

Knipsel.JPG
524 x 702 - 77K
Knipsel2.JPG
525 x 680 - 36K
Post edited by May Dawney on

Comments

• May DawneyMay Dawney Posts: 139

Sigh. Well, a complete database reset seems to have done the trick, but of course that means installing everything again. ARG!

• May DawneyMay Dawney Posts: 139

Sigh. Well, a complete database reset seems to have done the trick, but of course that means installing everything again. ARG!

I am confsed though. Everything I had previously intalled is still in the cloud folder and can be opened, even if DAZ shows it as uninstalled. If I install it again, it doesn't seem to duplicate, though? Idek. 

• SpottedKittySpottedKitty Posts: 7,232

It doesn't, actually. The content files and the database entries describing the content files are different things, stored on your computer in different places. The Reset Database command does not affect your actual content files. If they are intact (which they should still be), you can go into the Content Library pane, click on the Options button and select "Content DB Maintenance". I think the "Re-Import Metadata" tickbox is the one that rebuilds the database. These metadata files are downloaded with the content installers, and stored on your computer in yet another location not affected by database maintenance operations.