Content Package Assist - Database issues

I was using this program for a year to install non Daz products. But a week ago my User account got messed up and I had to create a new account on my Windows 10 computer. Now on my new Account profile I can no longer open the program with out it saying "attempt to write a readonly database".

I'm thinking this has to do with a user rights issue with a folder or drive but I don't know where the database is to remove the read only access. 

Do anyone know how to solve this problem? Is there any program I can use on Windows to look at what a application is using to run on my computer. I need to know what database it trying to use.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• NorthOf45NorthOf45 Posts: 5,442

Have you tried re-installing the product? Don't know which database it is referring to, either, but it could be tied to the old user account.

• You may need to run soemthing like the TakeOwnership action on the database files as they have, presumably, been copied or restored from a different profile.

• Hi

Thanks for responding. My question is which database are we talking about? The daz database? If so I have no problems add and removing stuff from that. I don't know what database it actually trying to use? All my drives are under my admin control so I don't know what database is locked. 

I also tired uninstall and reinstalling but it's a no go with that.

The product uses sqlite.dll, probably for temporary storage. There is a folder in C:\ProgramData (hidden by default in Windows explorer) called BWC with data folders ContentPA (and maybe ContentPA_old). They might be locked to the previous account, so just delete them and restart the application. After all, they weren't there to begin with.

• NorthOf45 said:

The product uses sqlite.dll, probably for temporary storage. There is a folder in C:\ProgramData (hidden by default in Windows explorer) called BWC with data folders ContentPA (and maybe ContentPA_old). They might be locked to the previous account, so just delete them and restart the application. After all, they weren't there to begin with.

Yeah I think that was deleted, when I moved to a new account and formated the drive that it was on. But it still caused the problem. This is all happening because my user profile was located on a drive other than the C drive. I moved my profiles back to C and now it's been acting up ever since. I need to know how to change the paths to this program to point to the C drive and not the old drive it used to point to.

It's a configuration error that's not pointing to something.

Maybe @DoctorJellybean can help with this, or send him a PM. There is an email link in the program to report a problem. A help ticket also wouldn't be out of the question. Maybe one at a time...