Transfer a pose from Millenium Cat to Daz House Cat

Hi,

I'm getting back on some old projects that I had left aside for a while.

I was using the Millenium cat at the time and I would like to replace it by the Daz House Cat.

Is there any way to transfer the pose I had (painfuly) created for the Mellinium Cat with the Daz House Cat?

Thanks

Comments

• GordigGordig Posts: 9,900

They're effectively the same model, so you could just copy the pose, or save it as a pose preset, and apply it straight to the Daz Housecat. 

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,054
    edited August 2020

NM

Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on
  • Gordig said:

They're effectively the same model, so you could just copy the pose, or save it as a pose preset, and apply it straight to the Daz Housecat. 

Thanks, I have tried to save the pose as a pose preset, but I don't know how to apply it to another model.

I never used pose preset before.

• they are the same but different 

if it is a morph inject pose such as Lynes cats you are out of luck

I don't have a clue what a "morph inject pose" is. I just moved the body parts until the desired effect was achieved. I wanted to lay the cat down on a woman's lap. I have 4 different scenes with different models and their cats. Here is one example (detail from the scene).

Elysa et son chat (détail).jpg
    677 x 452 - 62K
    edited August 2020

NM

• Continuing search to find a solution on my own, I could only find methods that involve scripting to load a saved preset pose... is there no simpler way?

edited August 2020

NM

• OK, I found what I needed, (or almost) I copied the Millenium Cat figure from the parameter pane and pasted the pose to the Daz House Cat.

The pose was almost the same but the cat was upside down and twisted backward.

I hope that aligning the cat to the woman's position won't be as much a chalenge as to recreate the whole pose from scratch.

Not so sure though, my first attempts where less than conclusive.

• Quick update:
    I think that the best way to tweak the pose would be to 'superimpose' the cats on one another, make the adjustments and delete the original cat... but the architecture of the Daz House Cat seems to collide and react to that of the Millenium cat. Is there a way to make a figure 'not solid' so that the other one can move 'through' it without colliding?

• MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,328

they are the same but different

I don't have a clue what a "morph inject pose" is. I just moved the body parts until the desired effect was achieved. I wanted to lay the cat down on a woman's lap. I have 4 different scenes with different models and their cats. Here is one example (detail from the scene).

oh boy you are in for a treat

http://www.lynescreations.com/lynesfree.htm

sad no good for Housecat but you can use the textures at least enlightened

as for posing body parts, save it as a pose preset and you will have a duf format file you will find in your DAZ library where you saved it

instead of a Poser pz2 file

select and apply that to the housecat

Have you tried that link to Lyne's freebies recently? I was trying to get there earlier this week and got a "Site can't be reached" error message. I read (I think on the HW forums) that Lyne had been seriously ill - I hope that's not the cause.

edited August 2020

NM user ignores any help or suggestions from me

•  

NM user ignores any help or suggestions from me

Sorry but I have missed your posts.

Trying too hard to come up with a solution and updating my steps so that people who wanted to help would know where I was in the process, I was coming back to this page and would not see the new posts. 

I see now that I needed to refresh my browser to see them.

Please don't take that personnaly, I apologize if you have spent efforts to try and help me and I did not follow.

My bad.

• MelanieL said:

they are the same but different

oh boy you are in for a treat

http://www.lynescreations.com/lynesfree.htm

sad no good for Housecat but you can use the textures at least enlightened

as for posing body parts, save it as a pose preset and you will have a duf format file you will find in your DAZ library where you saved it

instead of a Poser pz2 file

select and apply that to the housecat

Have you tried that link to Lyne's freebies recently? I was trying to get there earlier this week and got a "Site can't be reached" error message. I read (I think on the HW forums) that Lyne had been seriously ill - I hope that's not the cause.

No I don't remember using Lyne's freebies. But Maybe I have some times back when I started with Daz. I left it on a (virtual) shelf for a while.

At the risk of sounding completely stupid... how do I "select and apply that (a duf file) to the housecat" ?

• MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,328

Just select the housecat in your scene, then navigate to wherever you saved the pose preset .duf (via Content Library is easiest) and double-click it. It should apply the pose to your housecat.

• MelanieL said:

Just select the housecat in your scene, then navigate to wherever you saved the pose preset .duf (via Content Library is easiest) and double-click it. It should apply the pose to your housecat.

Thanks, I had to move the file from it's saved directory one that can be found via the Content Library (it was saved somewhere else, I haven't figured out why yet). Then I had to scale and reposition the cat and tweak the pose. but all in all. I got the right result.

A little less awkward than my previous copying and pasting solution that yielded an upside-down and tilted cat.

I think that the best way to tweak the pose would be to 'superimpose' the cats on one another, make the adjustments and delete the original cat... but the architecture of the Daz House Cat seems to collide and react to that of the Millenium cat. Is there a way to make a figure 'not solid' so that the other one can move 'through' it without colliding?

Is there any way to do that?

• Well, I guess that is that.

I'll work with what I have. 

Thanks for your help. laugh