Kind of getting fed up with products on Daz.

https://www.daz3d.com/dforce-retro-active-outfit-for-genesis-8-females - Looks amazing until you actually try to use it for anything other then standing poses. I'm sorry if this post gets a little heated. I am consistently fighting against daz studio, Iray, posing and actual items at each turn and Ive bought so many products these past months. It just seems like their is little to no actual documentation to help if your getting issues from product devs. 

This is straight out of tin, no gentials on the Female Gen 8 model and no weird morphs, Ive tried messing around with the smoothing but no such luck.If I could actually talk to the developers on this product I would ask them to kindly test their product for more then half a second. If someone knows how to sort this weird pelvic glitch I would be very grateful. Many thanks.

Comments

• nicsttnicstt Posts: 11,715

My advice; vote with your wallet if you don't like it and return.

Explain why you're returning.

I've done it a few times recently as my own opinion on QA (quality testing), is that it seems to be much worse than it was.

• nicstt said:

My advice; vote with your wallet if you don't like it and return.

Explain why you're returning.

I've done it a few times recently as my own opinion on QA (quality testing), is that it seems to be much worse than it was.

I get what your saying, I was thinking I was doing something wrong but it seems like the promo pictures on the products legit hide the issues of the product. Again originally I came to the forum to find a fix then ended having a bit of a rant. I managed to kind of* fix a little bit of the bumpy problem by removing the normal map on the legs which effects the rest of the details a bit.

• lilweeplilweep Posts: 2,401

tbh i cant actually see what the problem is because the image you showed is mostly just black and contextless disembodied limbs(???) and you didnt describe what you expect to see.

If the problem is something like the clothing looks deformed when you pose it, you could try dforcing from zero pose via animation. This entails setting zero pose at frame zero and then your final pose at like frame 30 and then running simulation.  Since it is a "dforce garment" and PA's may be less inclined to fix weight maps and make JCMs if they expect Dforce to do all the work. 

• personally I am so disappointed by the little control they have over the clothes that I hardly buy any more on daz, the seller who for me has the best quality clothes is nirvy who sells on renderosity, obviously I don't know them all but for me and in general the quickest way to get the desired morph or the best way to correct a default is to export as an obj the clothes, create my morph in blender, then reimport it in daz, it is in the end much faster than looking for the appropriate sliders to get the desired morph.

• SevrinSevrin Posts: 6,305
    edited August 2020

Ew, I've not used the pants in a pose like that, but just checked and it looks pretty bad with some materials, and not quite as bad with others as per the attachment, so that might be why it slipped by whatever QC Daz still does.  I bought this too long ago, but you should request a refund.

Anyway, what you can do to protect yourself somewhat, is to check out the readme and file list.  In this case, we can see that there are ZERO MORPHS for either the top or the pants, so it relies entirely on autofit and smoothing and this kind of thing is likely to happen.  There's a thing in the description about the outfit working with "most poses" as conforming and the pants aren't dForce at all, so yeah.  Buyer beware.

The onus should not be on customers to do all this research, but that's not the world we live in.  

Annotation 2020-08-26 234646.jpg
    744 x 852 - 170K
    Post edited by Sevrin on
  • Sevrin said:
    The onus should not be on customers to do all this research, but that's not the world we live in.  

Yeah, I bought The Legend, just to find that some G8 morphs are missing that are present for G3. Put a ticket in a loooong time ago, and... nothing. It shouldn't be up to me to QA the product within 30 days so I can request a refund if necessary.

• Sevrin said:

Ew, I've not used the pants in a pose like that, but just checked and it looks pretty bad with some materials, and not quite as bad with others as per the attachment, so that might be why it slipped by whatever QC Daz still does.  I bought this too long ago, but you should request a refund.

Anyway, what you can do to protect yourself somewhat, is to check out the readme and file list.  In this case, we can see that there are ZERO MORPHS for either the top or the pants, so it relies entirely on autofit and smoothing and this kind of thing is likely to happen.  There's a thing in the description about the outfit working with "most poses" as conforming and the pants aren't dForce at all, so yeah.  Buyer beware.

The two PAs that made it have like 10 pages of products each. I didn't look through their whole catalogue, but I definitely wouldn't buy some of the outfits when I see how the pants/shorts look(too cartoonish/lack of detail).

• personally I am so disappointed by the little control they have over the clothes that I hardly buy any more on daz, the seller who for me has the best quality clothes is nirvy who sells on renderosity, obviously I don't know them all but for me and in general the quickest way to get the desired morph or the best way to correct a default is to export as an obj the clothes, create my morph in blender, then reimport it in daz, it is in the end much faster than looking for the appropriate sliders to get the desired morph.

I am glad I am not the only one seeing such lack of quality control in some products... Bearing in mind some of these said products is just 1 single outfit for a hefty 20-30 dollor price tag. This outfit should at least be optimized to a good standard for crying out loud. 

• Sevrin said:

Thank you very much for displaying the same issue, just lets me know that its just poor quality. I am defo going to have to do some research before I buy anything from daz again. It's not acceptable. I have at least 5 products I wish I hadn't touched and its frustrating because those said products are using a code I could have bought something else with.