Changing materal for Universal Dress

I'm trying to use the Universal Dress for a render and I cannot change the materials from the default white. Though I will be rendering with Iray, I've tried both the Iray and 3Delight materials and nothing will change it. Anyone have this issue? If so, how do you overcome it?

Comments

• NorthOf45NorthOf45 Posts: 5,442

The included materials are actually shader presets, which are applied a little differently than material presets. You need to use the Surface Selection Tool to select the dress surfaces that you want to change. You can select them directly on the dress in the viewport, or select the names in the Surfaces tab. Shader presets will only be applied to a surface selection.

• brainmuffinbrainmuffin Posts: 1,184
    NorthOf45 said:

The included materials are actually shader presets, which are applied a little differently than material presets. You need to use the Surface Selection Tool to select the dress surfaces that you want to change. You can select them directly on the dress in the viewport, or select the names in the Surfaces tab. Shader presets will only be applied to a surface selection.

Well, I was on the right track, just not selecting surfaces. Now to figure out which shaders are the right ones....

Thanks