[Released] Ultimate Zero [Commercial]

13»

Comments

• ArtiniArtini Posts: 8,934

RiverSoftArt said:

Artini said:

RiverSoftArt said:

Artini said:

I just wonder, if it is possible to get zero pose of Genesis 3 characters on Genesis 8 characters?

That is not a zero pose though.  That is zero pose of G8 and then convert to G3 (which Bone Doctor can do and there are other products). 

Thanks, I just want to have Genesis 8 characters in T-pose and even better,

if rotations of the bones of Genesis 8 could line up with the T-pose.

This is necessary to have ragdoll simulations run properly in Unity.

Right now, Genesis 8 characters are only partially usefull in Unity.

I see.  Maybe just convert the G8 characters to G3?

I have already purchased so many G3 characters and do not need any new ones, even after conversion.

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,241

Why doesn't Ultimate Zero Figure zero out MetaMixer morphs? Does it only look in the Actor path or something?

• barbult said:

Why doesn't Ultimate Zero Figure zero out MetaMixer morphs? Does it only look in the Actor path or something?

No, it doesn't use the path.  It directly queries DS for slave controllers and other stuff to figure out properties to restore.  The script asks if current value of a property is the default value or not (to see if a morph is engaged).  Probably Metamixer has changed that and then UZ ignores it.  I haven't used MetaMixer at all; I will have to investigate.

• Griffin AvidGriffin Avid Posts: 3,758

Does Ultimate Zero need an update for the newer Daz release?

I get this on install.....

2022-10-20 08:19:21.462 [INFO] :: Loading script: D:/2022My DAZ 3D Library/Applications/Data/DAZ 3D/My DAZ 3D Library/data/cloud/1_72625/scripts/riversoft art/ultimate zero/install custom uz actions.dsa

2022-10-20 08:19:23.915 [WARNING] :: Script Error: Line 140

2022-10-20 08:19:23.915 [WARNING] :: ReferenceError: Can't find variable: ChangeFileExt

2022-10-20 08:19:23.915 [WARNING] :: Stack Trace:

<anonymous>()@D:/2022My DAZ 3D Library/Applications/Data/DAZ 3D/My DAZ 3D Library/data/cloud/1_72625/scripts/riversoft art/ultimate zero/install custom uz actions.dsa:140

2022-10-20 08:19:23.917 [INFO] :: Error in script execution: D:/2022My DAZ 3D Library/Applications/Data/DAZ 3D/My DAZ 3D Library/data/cloud/1_72625/scripts/riversoft art/ultimate zero/install custom uz actions.dsa

-------------------

Any idea what that means?

• Griffin Avid said:

Does Ultimate Zero need an update for the newer Daz release?

I get this on install.....

2022-10-20 08:19:21.462 [INFO] :: Loading script: D:/2022My DAZ 3D Library/Applications/Data/DAZ 3D/My DAZ 3D Library/data/cloud/1_72625/scripts/riversoft art/ultimate zero/install custom uz actions.dsa

2022-10-20 08:19:23.915 [WARNING] :: Script Error: Line 140

2022-10-20 08:19:23.915 [WARNING] :: ReferenceError: Can't find variable: ChangeFileExt

2022-10-20 08:19:23.915 [WARNING] :: Stack Trace:

<anonymous>()@D:/2022My DAZ 3D Library/Applications/Data/DAZ 3D/My DAZ 3D Library/data/cloud/1_72625/scripts/riversoft art/ultimate zero/install custom uz actions.dsa:140

2022-10-20 08:19:23.917 [INFO] :: Error in script execution: D:/2022My DAZ 3D Library/Applications/Data/DAZ 3D/My DAZ 3D Library/data/cloud/1_72625/scripts/riversoft art/ultimate zero/install custom uz actions.dsa

-------------------

Any idea what that means?

Very strange.  What version of DS is this?  The ChangeFileExt function is in data/RiverSoft Art/Common/RS2020HelperFunctions.dse so it should be found.  Best thing is to uninstall the Daz Connect version and install from DIM.

Used DIM and it did the same thing.

Daz Studio 4.21.0.5 Pro Edition

Used DIM and it did the same thing.

Daz Studio 4.21.0.5 Pro Edition

Did you uninstall the Daz Connect version first? If not, the DIM installation will be ignored. Post the log errors from the latest attempt. If it still references "cloud" it is still using Daz Connect.
    edited October 2022

Uninstalled and removed from Content Directory also..

Installed via DIM and still:

022-10-22 15:28:36.055 [INFO] :: Loading script: D:/2022My DAZ 3D Library/Applications/Data/DAZ 3D/My DAZ 3D Library/scripts/riversoft art/ultimate zero/install custom uz actions.dsa

2022-10-22 15:28:38.341 [WARNING] :: Script Error: Line 140

2022-10-22 15:28:38.341 [WARNING] :: ReferenceError: Can't find variable: ChangeFileExt

2022-10-22 15:28:38.341 [WARNING] :: Stack Trace:

<anonymous>()@D:/2022My DAZ 3D Library/Applications/Data/DAZ 3D/My DAZ 3D Library/scripts/riversoft art/ultimate zero/install custom uz actions.dsa:140

2022-10-22 15:28:38.343 [INFO] :: Error in script execution: D:/2022My DAZ 3D Library/Applications/Data/DAZ 3D/My DAZ 3D Library/scripts/riversoft art/ultimate zero/install custom uz actions.dsa

-----------

And also weird, the thumnail keeps that "update//install icon" even after installation....even though it's there is the folder the error is referencing.

Capture_Daz Ultimate Zero.JPG
    226 x 234 - 16K
    Post edited by Griffin Avid on

Don't be tricked by that icon. It only means that it is available to be installed by Daz Connect inside Daz Studio. DO NOT install again inside Daz Studio after you have already installed with DIM! That is so important, I will say it again - DO NOT install again inside Daz Studio after you have already installed with DIM! The fact that the thumbnail is colored (not gray) indicates that the product is already installed. Just ignore that icon on the thumbnail.

Oh man, you sound serious about that instruction. You must know something about that Daz Connect. 

I had a bad time with the buggy previous Daz version- where it wouldn't save the custome layouts and scripts.

I'm hoping this isn't another bug. All the other scripts are installed fine and the EJ HDRI Iray Scripts was able to create it's own MENU tab....

I don't know why Zero is failing to install.

Frustrating because that's an important product- right behind Look At Me.....

Thanks though.....

I suggest you uninstall all RiverSoftArt script products from Daz Connect and install all of them with DIM. I bet that will resolve the problem. Daz Connect installs product to a whole different file folder structure than DIM does. RiverSoftArt scripts use some common functions in many different scripts, and the scripts references those functions in one specific place. The scripts may not be able to find those functions if they are installed with Daz Connect, or they scripts will find an older version installed with Daz Connect, when the correct newer version was installed later with DIM. If things are installed both with DIM and Daz Connect, Daz Studio ALWAYS uses the Daz Connect version, even if the DIM one is newer. I have given up on Daz Connect. I only use DIM now, and my Daz life is better!

HowieFarkes UltraScenery product are other ones that will NOT work if they are installed with Daz Connect.

When a script product don't work, the first thing to suspect is Daz Connect issues, if that is how you installed it. Scripts are especially prone to failure with Daz Connect, although some vendors have figured out how to handle it.

• RiverSoft ArtRiverSoft Art Posts: 6,380
    edited October 2022

barbult said:

I suggest you uninstall all RiverSoftArt script products from Daz Connect and install all of them with DIM. I bet that will resolve the problem. Daz Connect installs product to a whole different file folder structure than DIM does. RiverSoftArt scripts use some common functions in many different scripts, and the scripts references those functions in one specific place. The scripts may not be able to find those functions if they are installed with Daz Connect, or they scripts will find an older version installed with Daz Connect, when the correct newer version was installed later with DIM. If things are installed both with DIM and Daz Connect, Daz Studio ALWAYS uses the Daz Connect version, even if the DIM one is newer. I have given up on Daz Connect. I only use DIM now, and my Daz life is better!

HowieFarkes UltraScenery product are other ones that will NOT work if they are installed with Daz Connect.

When a script product don't work, the first thing to suspect is Daz Connect issues, if that is how you installed it. Scripts are especially prone to failure with Daz Connect, although some vendors have figured out how to handle it.

I can't agree more about always suspect Daz Connect.  smiley  However, it is something else in Daz Studio.  My scripts DO find the common units.  Even IF they are the same version, for some reason Daz Studio does not care and still has a problem if some come from different cloud directories.  In 2022, my scripts are now using my own FindFile function now so they always find the *local* common unit (i.e., the one in the same product) which should make those versions work in Daz Connect or anywhere else.  However, I am not updating all the old products to use it.

Post edited by RiverSoft Art on

RiverSoftArt said:

barbult said:

I can't agree more about always suspect Daz Connect.  smiley  However, it is something else in Daz Studio.  My scripts DO find the common units.  Even IF they are the same version, for some reason Daz Studio does not care and still has a problem.  In 2022, my scripts are now using my own FindFile function now so they always find the *local* common unit (i.e., the one in the same product) which should make those versions work in Daz Connect or anywhere else.  However, I am not updating all the old products to use it.

Progress! Good to know.

• RaketeRakete Posts: 90
    edited April 2023

This product does not zero bone transforms when their values are near zero. So what I mean by that if I have a bone with the rotations set to 0.00000455 or so, then this product will just leave the value alone. But just trying to write a simple zero'ing script myself I don't see why that would be a problem. Just doing:

prop.setValue(prop.getDefaultValue());

does the trick just fine for me.

Post edited by Rakete on

Rakete said:

This product does not zero bone transforms when their values are near zero. So what I mean by that if I have a bone with the rotations set to 0.00000455 or so, then this product will just leave the value alone. But just trying to write a simple zero'ing script myself I don't see why that would be a problem. Just doing:

prop.setValue(prop.getDefaultValue());

does the trick just fine for me.

The product checks if things are zero before doing anything so your value must be below the precision of single floating point.  

edited April 2023

RiverSoftArt said:

The product checks if things are zero before doing anything so your value must be below the precision of single floating point.  

Ok, is it possible to remove the check? I does not seem to me like this should be a floating point precision problem though if you only do a simple comparison.

Ultimate Zero has problems with values as big as 0.0001, and even worse, it introduces random small values into the rig.

I've actually been wondering where these come from since when saving poses, these randomly small values make it so that a bunch of properties that I never touched are saved into the pose preset, like scale for bones for example, which I almost never mess with in a pose. (I tested and the values are too small to be saved into poses, at least in my quick test, but I only started looking into this because I was wondering why even figures that I have saved in rest pose sometimes end up with random small values in their bone transformations, and I currently assume that is because I use Ultimate Zero quite a lot actually, but could be something else too).

Here is what happens when I set some bone Twist to 0.0001 and then run Ultimate Zero, first setting the value:

And then second I run the Ultimate Zero Figure script:

And you you can see how it didn't actually zero the Twist at all, but instead adds some random noise into the other rotations.

EDIT: Just trying to compare values before zero'ing in a simple script myself works just fine:

var node = Scene.getPrimarySelection();var prop = node.findPropertyByLabel("Twist");if (prop.getRawValue() !== prop.getDefaultValue()) {	print("zero the value");	prop.setValue(prop.getDefaultValue());}

No problem at all running this and zero'ing the Twist value.

Post edited by Rakete on

Rakete said:

RiverSoftArt said:

Ok, is it possible to remove the check? I does not seem to me like this should be a floating point precision problem though if you only do a simple comparison.

Ultimate Zero has problems with values as big as 0.0001, and even worse, it introduces random small values into the rig.

I've actually been wondering where these come from since when saving poses, these randomly small values make it so that a bunch of properties that I never touched are saved into the pose preset, like scale for bones for example, which I almost never mess with in a pose. (I tested and the values are too small to be saved into poses, at least in my quick test, but I only started looking into this because I was wondering why even figures that I have saved in rest pose sometimes end up with random small values in their bone transformations, and I currently assume that is because I use Ultimate Zero quite a lot actually, but could be something else too).

Here is what happens when I set some bone Twist to 0.0001 and then run Ultimate Zero, first setting the value:

And then second I run the Ultimate Zero Figure script:

And you you can see how it didn't actually zero the Twist at all, but instead adds some random noise into the other rotations.

EDIT: Just trying to compare values before zero'ing in a simple script myself works just fine:

var node = Scene.getPrimarySelection();var prop = node.findPropertyByLabel("Twist");if (prop.getRawValue() !== prop.getDefaultValue()) {	print("zero the value");	prop.setValue(prop.getDefaultValue());}

No problem at all running this and zero'ing the Twist value.

I will look into it.  

Will there be a version for Genesis 9?

barbult said:

It already works with Genesis 9 as far as I can tell.

Rakete said:

barbult said:

It already works with Genesis 9 as far as I can tell.

The Selected scripts work with G9, but the ones like UZ Feet do not.

Yes, I will update for G9 too.

Thanks, I was trying to zero a G9 hand and just got an error message. I look forward to a G9 version.

Submitted update today

• Supports Genesis 9
    • Improved IncludeFile function to find file faster
    • Improved speed slightly for zeroing bones
  • memcneil70memcneil70 Posts: 3,783

The update to Ultimate Zero dropped into DIM this afternoon.

• xyer0xyer0 Posts: 5,743
    edited June 2023

Do you have plans to update for use with 8.1? I almost exclusively use 8.1 for my main characters now, and when I try to use Ultimate Zero on them I get a warning message saying something like it's not designed to work "out the box" with 8.1, and that it might unlock some stuff that's not supposed to be unlocked. Consequently, one of my most useful and valued products is now sidelined.

Post edited by xyer0 on

xyer0 said:

Do you have plans to update for use with 8.1? I almost exclusively use 8.1 for my main characters now, and when I try to use Ultimate Zero on them I get a warning message saying something like it's not designed to work "out the box" with 8.1, and that it might unlock some stuff that's not supposed to be unlocked. Consequently, one of my most useful and valued products is now sidelined.

Did you NOT get this warning before the update?