Dforce for a necklace

Does anyone have a suggestion for simming a necklace? I've tried adding a bunch of rigid attach nodes to the Dforce necklace available in the store - but its very unstable. It distorts like mad - and tweaking almost any paramter causes the sim to error out and requires a Daz restart. 

I just want to be able to sim a pearl necklace so it can ahandle normal neck rotations

-thanks

Comments

• kenshaw011267kenshaw011267 Posts: 3,805

I've tried a bunch of things and none work great.

You best option, IMO, isn't dForce but to make every pearl a seperate bone and to adjust each one individually as needed when auto follow doesn't work. 

• bwise1701bwise1701 Posts: 247

Thanks but the whole point is to not have to rig and manually pose it. Seriously - Dforce doesn't support something like this? This why Daz feels like a toy program. Theres notthing like rigid body sim?

• bwise1701bwise1701 Posts: 247

Is there at least documentation somewhere of what the basic stiffness damping parameters control? I cant seem to alter a stiffness or damping value from defaults by even tiny increments without the sim erroring

• felisfelis Posts: 4,205

This is the documentation https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/203081/dforce-start-here

And no, you can't do rigid body simulation. Even if you turn all parameters to maximum values they will still deform, although less.