How to measure camera distance from floor?

I want to take some Point of View renders, and I want the camera to be exactly 5 foot 8 from the floor, to simulate the eye's height of a person. How to I measure camera distance from floor?

Comments

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,054

convert from metric I guess, I use 1.7 which is my height which is 5'6" I believe in imperial 

• AntonoAntono Posts: 24

I do that almost all the time. 

In the scene panel, select the camera. Then, in the properties panel, set the height you want. I tend to lock it afterwards (click the little padlock icon) so that the height won't change while I move the camera around. 

• Antono said:

In the scene panel, select the camera. Then, in the properties panel, set the height you want. I tend to lock it afterwards (click the little padlock icon) so that the height won't change while I move the camera around. 

Where is this Properties Panel you say? Can you take a screenshot of where I can find these settings?

• One extra detail: I use real geometry floor. So the floor might not actually be in the 0 Y coordinate. I need the solution to be aware of that.

• fastbike1fastbike1 Posts: 4,077

The Parameters Tab 

oppai-man said:
    Antono said:

Where is this Properties Panel you say? Can you take a screenshot of where I can find these settings?

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 10,014
    oppai-man said:

One extra detail: I use real geometry floor. So the floor might not actually be in the 0 Y coordinate. I need the solution to be aware of that.

Parent the camera to the floor

• Great! Thanks it really helped.

• SpottedKittySpottedKitty Posts: 7,232

Note that parenting the camera to the floor only gives an accurate height if the floor is a separate prop or a separate bone of a "room" figure, with no bits of wall or furniture included. If it isn't, place a Null object on the floor manually and parent the camera to that.

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,054

well any scene the first thing I do is make sure the floor or ground is at 0,0,0

most sets are but if I find one that isn't I group it and move it on the y axis so that it is

• PaintboxPaintbox Posts: 1,633

A more costly affair is buying measure metrics, it has a tape measure.