Transfer HD into Normal Map image

I found out that there is not possible export HD into FBX since is using sub divisions of meshes that FBX is not suporting.

I have exported the HD into OBJ but unfortunateley I'm having a hard time tranfering into a Normal Map.

Please can someone help my with any kind of tips or tricks on how I can do this? Which applications I should use to be able bake normal maps images out of a Genesis mesh?
I have tried blender but the resulted image in not right, I'm unable to create a high resolution normal map out of the obj file.

Comments

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,722
    As far as I know it's not possible to export the HD morphs.
  • anepheranepher Posts: 122
    As far as I know it's not possible to export the HD morphs.

It is possible but only in OBJ not in FBX.

• nicsttnicstt Posts: 11,715

Doesn't the figure come with normal maps?

• anepheranepher Posts: 122
    edited August 2020
    nicstt said:

Doesn't the figure come with normal maps?

Unfortunately not, it is very poor on the textures but what I understand it's not the same thing, usually they are creating normal maps from texture and the HD is something else.
    Fortunately I've managed to transfer the HD to a normal map and ambient occlusion map, and I'll post a tutorial in the near future. 

Edit
    Below my work so far, an example with normal map and ambient occlusion without a depth map, also the original render.
    It's not perfect but there is a clear difference, you can see at the eye, nose and mouth level.  

orc compare.png
    1150 x 1094 - 2M
    Post edited by anepher on