Third Party Runtime stuff (About existing characters)

Hey all!  Alrighty, new computer with new capabilities! This computer is so awesome I can install Daz on the ACTUAL C drive! :D 

Here's my question: All of my folders from my old installation are totally okay (Which was a scary moment or two: I've been using Poser/Daz since 1999 and that runtime is old enough to go out and get a drink at a bar now), and sitting in a folder off the root.

But here's my issue: 

Some characters load but then have errors (Can't find x,y or z). That's cool, I point them to the correct location in my old runtime and all is well...  But that doesn't update them... the next time I bring one of my personalized characters from my runtime, I have to point Daz at it AGAIN.  

The only two solutions I can think of are A) Install all of my third party content again in the Daz main folder or B) Load every one of my 120 or so modified characters, find all of their clothing in my runtime, and REsave them.

I've been here before with runtime issues (Because, as I mentioned, my Runtime is all grown up and ready to move out of the house... it's also HUGE, I have characters in my characters folder based off of P4's Posette).  I just spent hours organizing this from the LAST time we talked about merging runtimes... Do I have hours of work ahead of me again?

Thanks in advance all! I do appreciate it! :) 

Comments

• Where are the files, what are your content directories, and exactly what is the missing file's path listed as in the error message?