Mirror a Mirror?

LoonyLoony Posts: 1,817

Hi,

I have here this Scene:

A person is looking into a Mirror, I wanna make a backview shot, to show what is inside the furniture, but with the mirror I also wanna show the front, reaction/details etc.

The problem is, that the mirror reflects with the blue arrows, but I want it from the yellow direction.

Lets use this cylinder to assume its the person.

to make the mirror showing the "Person", I need to go here:

But I know there are inverted mirrors, like a Spoon, its Crossed.

Is it possible to trigger that in the surface?

Rotating the mirror does not work, any symmetry option doesnt excist becaue there is no surface where I can flip an image, its just about 1 value.

Post edited by Loony on

Comments

• If you want to see the reflection of the person in the mirror you will need to tweak the placement of the camera and the angle of the mirror. If that isn't what you want then I'm not following.

• LoonyLoony Posts: 1,817
    edited August 2020

I managed to adjust it a bit with moving the door moor open and moving the camera, BUT go in your Kitchen, take a big Spoon and look at it, you will see EACH Side have a DIFFERENT mirror effect! its not the same.

You can make an mirror inverted.

Update:

Source:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x2owiSx0biU

Edit: I watched now the video and... interesting, its about having 2 mirrors I ask me if that would work in Daz3d too^^.... if the physics would do that. Physics tests in daz3d!

Post edited by Loony on
  • Yes, if you use a non-flat surface then you can achieve enalrging or shrinking effects.

yeah like its visible in the HDRI "balls".

• Yes. As long as the mirror has enough polygons you could use a dform to dish it in or pull it out (as required).

but the question is still, is it possible to invert the way how the mirror shows things. without having 2 mirrors.

• Well, the opposite sides would have the opposite effects of course.