Transfer bones and rigging from Genesis 3 to Genesis 1.

Hello,

Is it possible to transfer the bones and rigging from Genesis 3 to Genesis 1? I looked for information and I think I would have to use Transfer Utility or Transfer Rigging but I didn't find any tutorial or something that explains step by step how to do it.

Can someone explain to me if it can be done and how?

Thank you very much. :)

Comments

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,392

Why on earth would you want to do anything like that? That would basically break G1...

• dmputadmputa Posts: 36
    Leana said:

Why on earth would you want to do anything like that? That would basically break G1...

Ok, I will explain my need but it goes off the topic of the thread. xD

I am making a videogame and genesis 1 is more efficient since with only a model and a morph I have a male and female model. If I were to use Genesis 3 I would need two separate models, the male and female. But Genesis 3 has a more complete riggin and bones than Genesis 1, especially on the face. frown

Even if you managed to transfer the base rigging from either G3F or G3M (which are different) to G1 with transfer utility, you'd  certainly need to adjust it manually to your "G1 bis" afterwards as the base mesh is different so it's unlikely it would work well "as is". You'd also need to create equivalents for all the joint correction morphs G3 figures use to pose correctly, most probably with variants for at least male and female morphs since they alter the figure shape significantly. Oh, and you'd also need to create a new version of all the shapes you want to use for your new figure, which adjusts the new rigging to that shape.

And after that none of the clothes or poses made for G1 would work on your "G1 bis" since the rigging would have changed, you'd need to re-rig the clothes too and pose the figure by hand (And no, clothes and poses for G3 wouldn't work either)

All in all, that would require a lot of work. I doubt anyone ever attempted that.

edited August 2020
    Leana said:

Even if you managed to transfer the base rigging from either G3F or G3M (which are different) to G1 with transfer utility, you'd  certainly need to adjust it manually to your "G1 bis" afterwards as the base mesh is different so it's unlikely it would work well "as is". You'd also need to create equivalents for all the joint correction morphs G3 figures use to pose correctly, most probably with variants for at least male and female morphs since they alter the figure shape significantly. Oh, and you'd also need to create a new version of all the shapes you want to use for your new figure, which adjusts the new rigging to that shape.

And after that none of the clothes or poses made for G1 would work on your "G1 bis" since the rigging would have changed, you'd need to re-rig the clothes too and pose the figure by hand (And no, clothes and poses for G3 wouldn't work either)

All in all, that would require a lot of work. I doubt anyone ever attempted that.

Oh, then thats seem pretty madness. ^^U

Another solution I thought of would be to put G3 Male and Female together in a single model, creating a morph that changes from one model to another. But you say they have different rigging and bones? So it is a big problem.

What solution can you think of?

Post edited by dmputa on
    edited August 2020

G3 male and female are different meshes as well, so you can't make one a morph of the other.

However it's possible someone created a male morph for G3F or a female morph for G3M. That wouldn't be the same as having both figures combined as the "G3F male" would still use G3F morphs, not G3M's (and vice versa), but that would give you a single G3 figure with both male and female morphs. There's a product which enables you to use G3M skins on G3F and vice versa, so those wouldn't be an issue, and autofit could help for clothes.

Maybe starting from the clone morph used by autofit to convert clothes could work to "masculinize" G3F for example (I never tried, so I don't know how well that would work).

Post edited by Leana on
  • FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,722

There is no reason I can think of why you couldn't use both male and female in the game, it's what many others do. If you are worried about resources, the base G3 mesh is lighter than the G1 mesh.

Also make sure you get the inteactive licenses for all the mesh items you plan to use in yuour game. They are usually sold on the same page as the product

Leana said:

G3 male and female are different meshes as well, so you can't make one a morph of the other.

However it's possible someone created a male morph for G3F or a female morph for G3M. That wouldn't be the same as having both figures combined as the "G3F male" would still use G3F morphs, not G3M's (and vice versa), but that would give you a single G3 figure with both male and female morphs. There's a product which enables you to use G3M skins on G3F and vice versa, so those wouldn't be an issue, and autofit could help for clothes.

Maybe starting from the clone morph used by autofit to convert clothes could work to "masculinize" G3F for example (I never tried, so I don't know how well that would work).

But if I do that, if I try to masculinize the G3F model, I couldn't use any G3M morph, right? frown But it is possible to transfer morphs from Genesis 1 to Genesis 3 and vice versa with some programs, couldn't I transfer morphs from G3M to G3F in the same way?

There is no reason I can think of why you couldn't use both male and female in the game, it's what many others do. If you are worried about resources, the base G3 mesh is lighter than the G1 mesh.

Also make sure you get the inteactive licenses for all the mesh items you plan to use in yuour game. They are usually sold on the same page as the product

Yes, I know about the interactive license. smiley

The problem with using 2 models is that it is twice the work. I'm doing this project by myself (for now at least) and to create clothes I have to do it for the male model and then the female one. And it's the same with animations, right? If the number of bones and the names are different I'm screwed.

Having all the morphs, bones, animations and clothes for a single model that can be male and female saves me a lot of work.

Maybe a solution could be to add bones in the face to the Genesis 1 model trying to imitate Genesis 3?

This add-on allows you to transfer morphs from one Genesis model to another. What if I use the G3 Male model as a base and transfer the "Basic Female" morph from Genesis 1 to that G3M? Would that be possible? It could work?
    In this way I would have a male model as a base and when applying the morph I would turn it into a woman, just like in Genesis 1 but in Genesis 3, right?

https://www.daz3d.com/genesis-generation-x2

dmputa said:

This add-on allows you to transfer morphs from one Genesis model to another. What if I use the G3 Male model as a base and transfer the "Basic Female" morph from Genesis 1 to that G3M? Would that be possible? It could work?
    In this way I would have a male model as a base and when applying the morph I would turn it into a woman, just like in Genesis 1 but in Genesis 3, right?

https://www.daz3d.com/genesis-generation-x2

Yes, you can transfer the basic female morph from G1 to G3M with GenX2 if you have the Genesis 2 and Genesis 3 add-ons for it (the base product only includes conversion from generation 4 figures to G1, both add-ons are needed to convert to G3).

Your figure will still use G3M morphs, just like if you used the G3F clone morph or some other female morph for G3M. I suppose you could convert some other "feminine" morphs from G1 if you want to customize your "G3M base female" though.

And it will still use G3M skins. So you also need a tool enabling you to use a female texture on that character. For example something like this product which enables G3M to wear G3F skins.

Oh, so it's good news, there is hope.

Leana said:

Yes, you can transfer the basic female morph from G1 to G3M with GenX2 if you have the Genesis 2 and Genesis 3 add-ons for it (the base product only includes conversion from generation 4 figures to G1, both add-ons are needed to convert to G3).

Your figure will still use G3M morphs, just like if you used the G3F clone morph or some other female morph for G3M. I suppose you could convert some other "feminine" morphs from G1 if you want to customize your "G3M base female" though.

Yes, that's the idea, all the morphs (both male and female) could be from G1, that way I wouldn't need either G3M or G3F morphs.

Even for that I came up with another crazy thing, I don't know if it could be done, but it would be the following: to be able to use female morphs from G3F in G3M, I could transform the morph from G3F to G1, and then from G1 to G3M.
    I don't know if it would work but in theory it should.

In any case I preferer the idea of using all G1 morphs in G3M and none from G3.

Leana said:

And it will still use G3M skins. So you also need a tool enabling you to use a female texture on that character. For example something like this product which enables G3M to wear G3F skins.

Interesting. I may need it too. smiley

Thank you both! laugh

dmputa said:

to be able to use female morphs from G3F in G3M, I could transform the morph from G3F to G1, and then from G1 to G3M.

No need to transfer them to G1 first,  you can transfer them directly from G3F to G3M with GenX2.

Leana said:
    dmputa said:

to be able to use female morphs from G3F in G3M, I could transform the morph from G3F to G1, and then from G1 to G3M.

No need to transfer them to G1 first,  you can transfer them directly from G3F to G3M with GenX2.

I didn't know that I could do that. surprise Then another solution would be to use this morph in G3M or G3F and transfer all morphs from G3F or G3M respectively.
    https://www.deviantart.com/agentunawares/art/Transgender-Genesis-3-724928721

By the way, I asked someone who have GenX2 for help to see the result of using Genesis 1 "basic female" morph in G3M:
    https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/430416/a-call-to-genx2-and-addon-for-genesis-3-owners-i-need-a-favor