Every character I have loads with unwanted extra morphs by default

I saved modified asset of a morphed character, it applied to everything, I tried doing fixes, I read old posts here. I tried saving a zero-ed modified asset to reset. Basic gen 8 and every character I have is loading by default with Amandha sliders on it. my custom characters don't seem to have amandha applied but instead have the shaping morph from the original messed up model applied as default but I can't locate the messed up part. I apply my custom character to a zeroed model and the messed up shaping applied.  if I load up an old scene from before I messed things up the data of the characters is altered to be messed up.
tl;dr 1: Amandha sliders are attached to every preloaded character, how do I undo that?
2: do I have to save modified asset for every character without amandha on it to fix it?
3.is there a way to save my old custom characters and get back the shape they used to have?
4. are all my old scenes just broken now?
please help. I'm at my wits end and the only way forward seems to be completely uninstalling and scrubbing data from everything and starting anew

Comments

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 10,014

To fix any ill-behaving morphs, do as follows;

1. Load your base figure or the developer version.
    2. Select "Show Hidden properties" in the Parameters-Tab, drop down menu (right-click)
    3. Zero the figure (Found in Parameters-Tab, drop down menu)
    4. Memorize the figure (Found in Parameters-Tab, drop down menu)
    5. File->Save As->Support Asset->Save Modified Assets

This procedure will zero the default value in the ill-behaving morph/morphs, and while saving DS also shows you a list of the morphs it is changing.

If the situation has not corrected, install your "Genesis 8 Starter Essentials" again and repeat the process, every line.

The only way to remove Amandha sliders from any and all of your G8F figures is to remove Amandha completely - The character is just a morph for G8F base figure just like (almost) any and all other figures for all Genesis 1-8 base figures, any and all morphs will be read and the sliders applied when a figure/character is opened/loaded/merged into the scene.

Usually the morphs have their default value set at zero, so they are not applied unless the dial is used to apply the morph, but some morphs/characters have been distributed with a non-zero default value and accordingly the effects will be automatically applied to any and all characters/figures (using the same base figure) opened/loaded/merged from then on - No matter if opening a previously saved scene.

• I did that first process, didn't fix anything I'm afraid to say, not even the shaping problem. I had already reinstalled genesis started bundle before posting. no changes

Have you closed Studio after doing the process?

If you did, uninstall Amandha and repeat the process, do you still see her dials?

• somehow the shaping is applying during the process of loading the morph. I put an unmodified gen 8 that I made, zeroed everything for the actor and I replaced the one I had in the folder. all I did was save modified asset  as was recommended here and the shape is back to being corrupted

• Don't use Save Modified Assets, use Save Morph Asset.

somehow the shaping is applying during the process of loading the morph. I put an unmodified gen 8 that I made, zeroed everything for the actor and I replaced the one I had in the folder. all I did was save modified asset  as was recommended here and the shape is back to being corrupted

Do not use any figures you have made or modified yourself.

Close Studio, and start it again.

In ...\People\Genesis 8 Female\ You can find the base figure "Genesis 8 Basic Female"
    In ...\People\Genesis 8 Female\Developer Kit\ You can find "Genesis 8 Female Dev Load"

Load one of these into an empty scene that has nothing in it, repeat the process and close Studio.

• I uninstalled amandha. the basic gen 8 wants to use it and looked for it when I loaded it into the scene. I fixed the shaping issue on my own