Anybody succesfully use "Talk Designer Assistant 2" with Genesis 2 figures in Poser Pro 2014?

RFB532RFB532 Posts: 94
edited June 2014 in Poser Discussion

Anybody succesfully use "Talk Designer Assistant 2" , in Poser Pro 2014 64 bit? When I go to create Viseme, a little dialog box pops up saying folder permission denied. I tried getting ownership of the folder it needs to access but that still doesn't work. Any ideas?

Post edited by RFB532 on

Comments

• Male-M3diaMale-M3dia Posts: 3,581
    edited December 1969

I don't think it's a major fail when a PA specifically lists the program and figures it was made for in both the description and the main promo graphic. The program is for Poser 9/2012 and Miki 4 and Genesis 1 only. I think if you took the same tone in the email as the way you posted this thread, chances are you probably won't get a response.

You could request a program update, but perhaps the sales of the product weren't good enough to update it past what is currently offered.

• RFB532RFB532 Posts: 94
    edited June 2014

I don't think it's a major fail when a PA specifically lists the program and figures it was made for in both the description and the main promo graphic. The program is for Poser 9/2012 and Miki 4 and Genesis 1 only. I think if you took the same tone in the email as the way you posted this thread, chances are you probably won't get a response.

You could request a program update, but perhaps the sales of the product weren't good enough to update it past what is currently offered.

I'm pretty miffed,... First off, I screwed around with that pain in the butt and irritatingly annoying DSON importer for over 4 days, loosing a serious amount of sleep, brain cells, and sanity over it, then I dropped $100.00 on some new characters from Daz to import into Poser and then found out you can't animate the mouth because they don't have viseme files, sorry that's a FAIL. They are nearly useless to me now.
    Customer service 101, do all you can to make a superior product and service, and check all the details.

Post edited by RFB532 on
  • Male-M3diaMale-M3dia Posts: 3,581
    edited December 1969

I'm pretty miffed,... First off, I screwed around with that pain in the butt and irritatingly annoying DSON importer for over 4 days, loosing a serious amount of sleep, brain cells, and sanity over it, then I dropped $100.00 on some new characters from Daz to import into Poser and then found out you can't animate the mouth because they don't have viseme files, sorry that's a FAIL. They are nearly useless to me now.
    Customer service 101, do all you can to make a superior product and service, and check all the details.

I believe there are support files for mimic for genesis 2. Perhaps there isn't a big enough market for it. Emailing the PA nicely may get you a response or perhaps an update.

• mrposermrposer Posts: 1,128
    edited December 1969

I got the script to run in Poser Pro 2014 to create a low grade talk animation using michael 5. I did not get good results with michael 6 even though m5 and m6 have the same viseme set. (maybe the change in the jaw?? or because the viseme morphs come over to Poser in the body and not in the head for G2M so not where Talk Designer expects to find them??). FYI in the user document you get with Talk Designer Assistant 2 he shows the mapping for Genesis.... just do it once to get the viseme map file. All the morphs get listed on the side so it is not easy to find the visemes depending on how much Genesis morphs and characters you have bought... but the Genesis visemes are towards the bottom of the list.

The weird thing about Talk Designer Assistant 2 is that he creates new copies of the viseme morphs instead of using the original Genesis ones ... I have no clue why.

I got my version awhile back from content paradise... so not sure if its the same version as DAZ is selling.

edited December 1969

I got the script to run in Poser Pro 2014 to create a low grade talk animation using michael 5. I did not get good results with michael 6 even though m5 and m6 have the same viseme set. (maybe the change in the jaw?? or because the viseme morphs come over to Poser in the body and not in the head for G2M so not where Talk Designer expects to find them??). FYI in the user document you get with Talk Designer Assistant 2 he shows the mapping for Genesis.... just do it once to get the viseme map file. All the morphs get listed on the side so it is not easy to find the visemes depending on how much Genesis morphs and characters you have bought... but the Genesis visemes are towards the bottom of the list.

The weird thing about Talk Designer Assistant 2 is that he creates new copies of the viseme morphs instead of using the original Genesis ones ... I have no clue why.

I got my version awhile back from content paradise... so not sure if its the same version as DAZ is selling.[/quote

I am having a problem with this error when I click the option to make viseme file, it gives me a dialog box saying

Traceback (most recent call last):
    File "Talk Designer Assistant 2_P9_Pro2012.py", line 953, in CreateVisemeMap
    IOError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: u'C:\\Program Files (x86)\\Smith Micro\\Poser 10\\Runtime\\LipSync/TY Bikini BodyVisemeMap.xml' "

edited December 1969

Is your Lipsync folder defined within the Program files Runtime structure its looking for or is it somewhere else. When you install Talk Designer Assistant 2 if I remember correctly it will create the folder for you to move over to the Runtime as it writes its viseme map there. my other maps that come with Talk Designer are located elsewhere. I also had to grant that lipsync folder in the program Runtime full access by the user or app.

I have Terai Yuki 2 and was able to create a viseme map with Talk Designer Assistant 2 just for the heck of it and create an animation. These of course are just starting points and I agree with others who say Mimic is better... but either way you still have to adjust your animation layers etc.

FYI there is also a product called Talk Designer Expansion that has Terai Yuki 2 already set up along with alot of other additional characters.I tried that one and it work pretty good .... better than the one I made on the fly.

edited June 2014

MrPoser said:
    Is your Lipsync folder defined within the Program files Runtime structure its looking for or is it somewhere else. When you install Talk Designer Assistant 2 if I remember correctly it will create the folder for you to move over to the Runtime as it writes its viseme map there. my other maps that come with Talk Designer are located elsewhere. I also had to grant that lipsync folder in the program Runtime full access by the user or app.

I have Terai Yuki 2 and was able to create a viseme map with Talk Designer Assistant 2 just for the heck of it and create an animation. These of course are just starting points and I agree with others who say Mimic is better... but either way you still have to adjust your animation layers etc.

FYI there is also a product called Talk Designer Expansion that has Terai Yuki 2 already set up along with alot of other additional characters.I tried that one and it work pretty good .... better than the one I made on the fly.

Yes I added all the files to the main runtime folder and notice the vismes are in two different places, and is save the created visemes in a different lip sync folder, I got it to partial work. The problem I am having is I'm using Poser Pro 2014, 64 Bit, on Windows 8, And when I click to create the visme file, a little dialog box pops up saying "folder permission denied" When I tried using the 32 bit poser it worked ok, but the 64 bit didn't work keep getting permission problems.
    How did you go about granting access to the lipsynce folder? That seems to also be the main problem I'm having now,...Thanks

Post edited by RFB532 on
    edited December 1969

Hi Jason... I have Windows 7.... I granted full access to the user of the lipsync folder .... locate folder in file explorer.... right click..... left click properties.... click on security tab... click edit.... select user... click full access.... apply..... then ok. Not sure if it is the same in Windows 8.

lipsync_folder_security_settings.jpg
    949 x 712 - 117K