Unwanted hidden morphs

It's a bit of time that I noticed a bad visual bug in the armpit of my characters if I pose the arm close to the body, and it happens also on the base G8 character (first attached image)

so after a little research I found out that there are some hidden morphs, that I enlighted on the right side of the screenshot to make them more readable, since they were in very dark grey color...

as you can see there are three shoulder morphs from Bridget8, Ellithia8 and Tasha8, that cause that bad armpit, if I remove them the armpit is good (second attached image).

And this is the only one that's visible so I noticed that, I bet that there are many other unwanted morphs like these... is there a way to get rid of them from all my G8 characters without uninstalling the characters that needs them? Or dialing them away all the times?

And by the way, these morphs shouldn't be automatically used only for the proper character and not for everyone?

Thank you!

bad armpit.jpg
2079 x 1238 - 739K
good armpit.jpg
2087 x 1235 - 734K

Comments

• I suspect there's an additional factor here - possiblt something not correctly installed (if you used Connect, installing through Daz Studio itself, check the log file - Help>Trouibleshooting>View Log File - for complaints about expecting [ or {, those may indicate that files were not properly decrypted).

• MM86MM86 Posts: 13

I suspect there's an additional factor here - possiblt something not correctly installed (if you used Connect, installing through Daz Studio itself, check the log file - Help>Trouibleshooting>View Log File - for complaints about expecting [ or {, those may indicate that files were not properly decrypted).

Thanks for the answer, I tried to reinstall the mentioned characters and now those morphs doesn't appear anymore in every character I use.

Still, it looks very strange that these morphs were "attached" to every character I used, even the basic G8, but well, the problem is solved so I'm happy about it!

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 10,014
    MM86 said:

I suspect there's an additional factor here - possiblt something not correctly installed (if you used Connect, installing through Daz Studio itself, check the log file - Help>Trouibleshooting>View Log File - for complaints about expecting [ or {, those may indicate that files were not properly decrypted).

Thanks for the answer, I tried to reinstall the mentioned characters and now those morphs doesn't appear anymore in every character I use.

Still, it looks very strange that these morphs were "attached" to every character I used, even the basic G8, but well, the problem is solved so I'm happy about it!

Not strange at all, since you don't have "every character" but just the basic G8F which is enhanced by installing "characters" and morphs for it, the so called "characters" are nothing more than morphs and "character" specific textures.

When you load a character, DS loads the G8F base character and reads every single morph file that you have installed for G8F and applies the ones which instructed to do so, whether the instructions are coming from the "characters" *duf file or the morph's default value (if set at non-zero value)

If your original morph was written badly and it didn't have restrictions on which "character" it should be used, it used it for all - Maybe the creator of the morph had fixed the errors and now you got the fixed version and the problem went away.