kids 4 creating issue

ok so i purchased the kids 4 complete bundle today and none of my outfits or hair styles will parent to the kids 4 model please help me  

Comments

• Which outfits and hair? If theya re not made for the Kids 4 they won't AutoFit, that is a technology that was introduced with Genesis  (the next generation of figures).

• Which outfits and hair? If theya re not made for the Kids 4 they won't AutoFit, that is a technology that was introduced with Genesis  (the next generation of figures).

slacker outfits and bowl hair and others i used for my genesis 3

even manual shaping the trousers wont go on

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,392

As Richard mentioned, clothes made for other figures won't fit Kids 4.

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 10,014

This can be used to fit Kids 4 clothes to Genesis 3, but not the other way around;

https://www.daz3d.com/wear-them-all-autofit-clones-expansion-for-genesis-3-male-s-and-genesis-3-female-s

• IsaacNewtonIsaacNewton Posts: 1,300
    edited August 2020

For any clothing not specifically made for Kids 4, you're going to be in for some work trying to get them to fit Kids 4. If you want to make images/animation with children then you are (in my opinion) better off using the child figures created for Genesis 7 and 8 (not least because K4 body proportions are more like a dwarf than a child, imo). There are some child/ teen figures here in the DAZ shop and quite a few over at Renderosity; check out the vendor "Angel_Wings" at renderosity for HQ figures. Sadly, the range of child appropriate clothing/hair is not that great, but there are items at both sites. Many items of clothing that you could use will probably still need some work to make them fit well. Autofit tends to make quite a mess of the chest area for female clothing as they are designed on the adult female figure which has "above average proportions" to begin with, if you take my meaning. Scaling these large proportions down to child proportions will require some work in a program like Blender (freeware), or Zbrush, (or its free lite version, Sculptris). There you can move the polygons in to more natural positions and smooth out the wrinkles that Autofit introduces. It would be great if a vendor were to create a whole range of clothing for kids, but alas they won't generate the sales that skimpy bikinis do.

An alternative solution would be to have mesh smoothing and moving brushes in DAZ Studio, which is something that could be done either directly in DS or as a plugin. The community has been asking for that for a long time, so don't hold your breath!

Good luck.

Post edited by IsaacNewton on
  • i just brought the dynamics kids 4 jeans package and https://www.daz3d.com/kids-play-k and they wont fit aswell

• mike332014mike332014 Posts: 51
    edited August 2020

ok so i found a way around it put the clothes onto genesis 3 model made that invisable and dragged it over the kid 4 model

Post edited by mike332014 on
  • PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 10,014
    edited August 2020

The clothes do not parent themselves like they do with Genesis 1-8 figures, but if you choose a cloth you have loaded in the scene and select "Fit", it will fit (and parent) itself to the figure, although these are over 10 year old figures and technology that predates any and all Genesis figures -> they do not function the way Genesis figures do.

The problems in fitting clothes to generation 4 figures (Victoria 4, Michael 4, ... Kids 4) were a constant headache as the clothes do not autofit -> If you created a morph for the base character, you had to make the same morph also for each and every piece of clothing you were going to use with that figure+morph.

Post edited by PerttiA on
  • Which set? There's one that has Poser and DS versions, the Poser one won't work.

• Which set? There's one that has Poser and DS versions, the Poser one won't work.

https://www.daz3d.com/ds-dynamic-jeans-and-shirt-for-k4

• decided to stick with genesis 3 and getting refund thanks for the ssupport guys

• That should work - if the files are loading correctly, and if you did not install the Dynamic Clothing Control plug-in (assuming you have not purchased a license for that). What is happening when you try to use those items?

• when i load the clothes they stay adult size and dont link to the model

i think genesis 3 is eaiser for me as i design outfits for slackers outfit

here is my newest