[SOLVED] Need Help Applying Texture To Surface in Daz Studio

mwokeemwokee Posts: 1,275

I'm trying to do something very simple, create a background plane in Hexagon and then apply an image to the plane in Daz. The goal is to create background scenes for renders. I import the plane into Daz and apply the image by selecting the plane then SURFACES tab, set the DIFFUSE OVERLAY WEIGHT to 1, and then select my background image using DIFFUSE OVERLAY COLOR. The attached image shows my plane in Daz and the background image renders which is the image on the right. MY PROBLEM: In Daz, the plane remains blank. I want the background texture to display so I can see what I am doing. It renders OK but I don't want the background plane to be blank. How can I make it display? Thanks

Texture Help.jpg
1236 x 669 - 312K
Post edited by Chohole on

Comments

• mwokeemwokee Posts: 1,275

Figured it out. Applied the image to BASE COLOR and it displays in Daz. One baby step, I will be having more questions, setting up a background and (next) ground plane are not that simple for a beginner.

• Btw. you can also use the plane from the primitives. No need to create it in Hex and bring it over...

• mwokeemwokee Posts: 1,275

Btw. you can also use the plane from the primitives. No need to create it in Hex and bring it over...

I can barely open the applications let alone use them properly. Tutorials assume you know basics so I struggle with simple concepts. But... how do you create a plane in Daz..?

• It's under "Create Primitive".

But you might want to think about uv mapping a cyclinder instead of a plane for something with as wide a FOV as that image implies. Otherwise, it will distort for angles far from the camera's normal, i.e. if you're not directly in front of it looking straight at the middle.

Also consider an HDRI if you can find one similar enough; this is exactly what they are for, and it'll more accurately light your scene.