Cleaning Library

So I made a huge mess in my Library. For two years I've been installing content from different sources. The Daz assets I have installed with Daz Install Manager, while the third party content from renderocity or other places similar I have just extracted the files in the Library and now I noticed that my daz is getting slower so I have to do a cleanup, but I have no idea how. 

I know that in Daz Install Manager I have the uninstall button which is nice, but for the others I have no idea how can I delete everything. I mean all the files are in plenty of folders: data, Runtime, People and so on. 

Does any of you know a way to clean my library nice without too much effort. I'm thinking to create a python script to clear the unnecesary files, but not sure which is the folder structure, cuz I was looking in some assets and some of them have data, Runtime, People, while other have more, so yeah...

Any idea is welcomed!

Comments

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,582

The easiest way I can think of (especially if you've archived all the DIM packages) would be to uninstall everything with DIM and reinstall it to a new location.  For example, you can name the current folder "My Library", and the DIM-only folder "My Daz 3D Library".  Make the non-DIM content folder the first one and the DIM one second, so any files you create or install manually get installed to the non-DIM folder, and only DIM-installed items end up in the DIM content folder.

• The easiest way I can think of (especially if you've archived all the DIM packages) would be to uninstall everything with DIM and reinstall it to a new location.  For example, you can name the current folder "My Library", and the DIM-only folder "My Daz 3D Library".  Make the non-DIM content folder the first one and the DIM one second, so any files you create or install manually get installed to the non-DIM folder, and only DIM-installed items end up in the DIM content folder.

Yeah, but that still means that I need to delete everything not only what I need. What I want is to get rid of half of the characters and a bunch of poses, because it's getting hard to find any good pose when you have a bunch of ugly ones and the same thing goes with the characters. 

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,582

You don't have to reinstall everything, if you sort out what you don't want to reinstall.  Uninstalling the 3rd party products has to be done manually, but with all the DIM-installed products out of the way it should be easier.  There are some products on other sites and freebies to install zips that may do uninstalls as well -- Totte has one in the rendo freebies called (I think) rendoinstall, Taoz may have one, Ahudson used to have one at renderosity, but I don't know if it's still for sale.  If you search the renderosity freebies and sharecg you can find several.  I don't recall Taoz' website, but if you find one of his posts it'll be in his sig.  Do you have a backup of the original zips you installed from?

• You don't have to reinstall everything, if you sort out what you don't want to reinstall.  Uninstalling the 3rd party products has to be done manually, but with all the DIM-installed products out of the way it should be easier.  There are some products on other sites and freebies to install zips that may do uninstalls as well -- Totte has one in the rendo freebies called (I think) rendoinstall, Taoz may have one, Ahudson used to have one at renderosity, but I don't know if it's still for sale.  If you search the renderosity freebies and sharecg you can find several.  I don't recall Taoz' website, but if you find one of his posts it'll be in his sig.  Do you have a backup of the original zips you installed from?

That's the big problem, that I don't have all the zips. Only the ones I have bought this year, because I realised the error of my ways and I kept them. I'll search for the installers then. 
    Cheers