Does Daz Studio know the character legs are covered by pants and shoes?

oppai-manoppai-man Posts: 56

Hi, all!

I have a male character that has his legs covered by pants and shoes. Is Daz Studio aware of the fact, and when rendering, it does not send the leg texture to the GPU?

If Daz can't do that, how can I do that myself?

Extra question: If I'm rendering only the face of a character, does Daz Studio send the texture of his torso, arms, pants... even if they don't show up in the final render?

Post edited by Chohole on

Comments

• kenshaw011267kenshaw011267 Posts: 3,805

No Daz does not know anything like that.

Yes, you can do it yourself. It's usually not worth the effort.

• lilweeplilweep Posts: 2,401
    edited August 2020

Very few products have different LOD textures, and when they do you have to switch between them manually. Daz doesnt do this automatically like in video games etc.*

*by the way, the reason im saying this is because the Title of this thread used to be "Does Daz Studio auto adjust texture based on camera distance?"

Anything hidden wont be sent to GPU.  So if you dont want legs to go to gpu, you can just hide the legs by selecting the bones etc in Scene and turning off visibility.  This will remove polygons and textures from VRAM load.  You should do this if you have them beneath pants and need the extra VRAM.

Everything out of frame will still be sent to GPU if it is not hidden.  So if you have your camera on the face but havent hidden the body, the body will still be sent to GPU.

Post edited by lilweep on